8 Krypton

RE: Workaround for Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 resume from sleep issue and wireless flakiness

For those still experiencing the black screen on wake, this is not a solution, but a way to prevent hard boot. I was successfully able to reboot using the following two different ways:

1) Win+X, then up arrow, then up arrow, then right arrow, then up arrow, then Enter

or

2) Win+D, then Alt+F4, then Enter

Give it a few minutes and you should see the Dell logo. Hope this helps.

8 Krypton

RE: Workaround for Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 resume from sleep issue and wireless flakiness

Ok - after a factory reset I thought I was in the clear but I have just come back to my Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 after putting it to sleep and getting the blank screen but pressing the Windows button vibrates and I can see the tablet is on via my network and it's shared folders.

As I have Windows 8 Pro I just tried to remote desktop to it and upon first try I got something along the lines of there has been a hardware issue or a device attached to this computer has stopped working and it wouldn't connect. The next time I tried I almost got logged in but then the tablet reset. I have the dump files so am going to look at these later but can anyone officially from Dell help????

0 Kudos
MartinOtter
6 Indium

So this workaround is a terrible one. It enters the full sleep mode, not the connected standby mode. I want my 5130 to use the connected standby mode. Microsoft states that the delay from powerbutton to screen display should bee 500ms. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn495344(v=vs.85).aspx Dell, please fix this issue!
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Damn, I thought mine was fixed after applying the latest touch panel firmware updates - it was fine for 2 weeks, but it's just gone & done it 3 times on me today. Has anyone sent theirs back & had it fixed by replacement?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I did a full factory reset on mine (5130) after installing the latest bios and touchpanel updates and so far not had any further issues. The full factory rest was the only thing that cured am Asus T100 I had similar issues with in the past.

0 Kudos
MartinOtter
6 Indium

How do You do a Factory reset? We use a custom win8.1 image, so all dell partitions are gone..
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Ah if your Dell partitions are gone then you would have to try wiping the tablet and installing Windows 8 from a USB stick / DVD drive with as a many of the 8.1 updates you can slipstream into it etc. There are instructions on the web to help with this but maybe your IT people could help if they were the ones who removed the original partitions etc?

0 Kudos
JasonPNWR
1 Copper

Thanks for this thread. It helped me fix my Dell tablet issue of not coming out of standby. Steps I did (after sending the unit into Dell support and having them "fix" hardware without it helping with coming out of standby). 1. Have all the latest Windows and Dell updates installed 2. Turn off drive encryption and wait for the machine to decrypt files 3. Go to the BIOS as described above and disable TPM 4. Save changes and exit Now the machine comes back on successfully when pressing the power button. Frankly, if I wasn't savvy with support forums, persistent in finding a fix and comfortable with getting into the BIOS, then I would've returned the device. Clearly this isn't a consumer ready device just yet. Maybe there's a Dell Update fix that could help with this - encryption off by default perhaps? Jason
0 Kudos

Hey JasonPNWR - Are using the TPM or PTT in the BIOS? PTT will function as a TPM, adhears to TPM 2.0 standards and can still be managed using TPM.MSC.

In regards to a factory reset, if you use a custom win8.1 image with all Dell partitions removed, you will not be able to perform a factory reset. However, you can configure Windows 8.1 to create a backup and then do a device reset from the backup which as created.

Dell-SteveB
Client Product Strategist | MCTS, MCDST, CompTIA Security+ Certified
Follow me on Twitter: @StevebAtDell
0 Kudos
JasonPNWR
1 Copper

Thanks Steve. Not sure on your first question. I went into the bios, went to Security and then unchecked the TPM setting, saved and exited. Factory reset going away isn't that big a deal - I think it'll work fine for a while and I use OneDrive for storing any pictures etc.
0 Kudos