Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2014 13:00

Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced.

I have the Dell Power Manager up on my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 64bit Windows. I plug in the power adapter and get the following message: Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced. Is my battery bad or do I need some software fix? Larry

828 Posts

January 10th, 2014 15:00

Can you try flashing the BIOS to A05 (or later version once posted) to see if perhaps that will reset/resolve it?    Also, try shutting down and removing AC and battery and then reseat the battery to make sure you have a good connection.   If that doesn't resolve, you will likely need a battery replacement.

40 Posts

January 10th, 2014 18:00

Can you try flashing the BIOS to A05 (or later version once posted) to see if perhaps that will reset/resolve it?    Also, try shutting down and removing AC and battery and then reseat the battery to make sure you have a good connection.   If that doesn't resolve, you will likely need a battery replacement.

I have this same issue.  Opened up a service ticket, running A05 and support "updated my chipset drivers" although they were already up-to-date.  Problem still exists, but support hasn't gotten back to me on the email I sent this morning.

828 Posts

January 11th, 2014 10:00

[quote user="DELL-Brian B"]

I have this same issue.  Opened up a service ticket, running A05 and support "updated my chipset drivers" although they were already up-to-date.  Problem still exists, but support hasn't gotten back to me on the email I sent this morning.

[/quote]

Let me check with engineering on this - I may want to capture these devices.  Will let you know.  Thanks.

11 Posts

January 12th, 2014 13:00

Have seen this one as well. Also noticed that the battery icon on the desktop sometimes does not display correct information. Sometimes it displays (including the led) that it is charging, but the % remaining goes down. Then after a reboot it can jump from ex. 26% charged to 80%... so is seems like the power management software needs a update.

Had it on charge one night and when i went to bed it was at 26% next morning it was at  24% but suddenly it displayed full power... a bit weird.

828 Posts

January 13th, 2014 10:00

I'm going to ask our social media team to contact a few of you in the thread to capture these devices for failure analysis.  

11 Posts

January 13th, 2014 12:00

I did not flash the BIOS to A05 but I did shut down and reseated the battery. Now I just wait to see if the message ever appears again.

11 Posts

January 13th, 2014 13:00

Setup showed my bios was already at the A05 level. There are 3 bios updates out there. How does a person know which one to use on their Tablet? they are named MS-BIOS, VPro ENT BIOS and vPro SEC BIOS.

828 Posts

January 13th, 2014 13:00

Setup showed my bios was already at the A05 level. There are 3 bios updates out there. How does a person know which one to use on their Tablet? they are named MS-BIOS, VPro ENT BIOS and vPro SEC BIOS.

A05 is the latest right now.   A07 should be coming soon.

MS = Mainstream (for Core devices)
Vpro = Vpro processors only
Vpro Sec = For the 7139 only.

11 Posts

January 14th, 2014 06:00

I know I have a 7130 but how do I tell if I have a Core verses a Vpro? I also got the message again after reseating the battery. I turned on the tablet without the adapter for a few minutes this morning. I then plugged in the adapter while the tablet was on and the Power Manager was open. The "System cannot communicate with your battery" dialog appeared about 30 seconds later. I stopped and started the Power Manager 30 minutes later and it still says 88 %battery and does not show charging status.

11 Posts

January 14th, 2014 07:00

I also want to clarify what I mean by plugging in the adapter. The adapter is first plugged into a wall socket and then I plug the other end into the Tablet. Please let me know if this is a bad thing to do.

11 Posts

January 14th, 2014 07:00

I unplugged the adapter end from the tablet and the screen went black. I plugged the adapter back into the tablet and it started again but needed a bitlocker key. I put in a bitlocker key and it came back up. I think from now on that I will only plug the adapter into the tablet when the tablet is powered off.

40 Posts

January 15th, 2014 04:00

I opened up a service ticket last week, and received a new battery yesterday.  Unfortunately, I am still getting the same message, so I don't think it's battery related... running A05 firmware.

I think at this point it may be software related, as it happens intermittently.  But, I have a few different problems w/ my 7130 so I think there may be a general hardware fault.

11 Posts

January 15th, 2014 04:00

FYI

The Dell Venue 11 (i5/8/256) that I am using was delivered with Bios A06. I seem to have the same issues as reported around several post.

* Ghost screen (Not very often after upgrade of touch firmware)

* Problems detecting when keyboard is attached/removed and disconnects

* CPU Freeze (Not often and mostly seen running modern UI apps)

* Power Drain

A06 might be a European/Nordic Bios or something? Should still say that when it Works it one magic device :-) just hope they will clean up all the small annoying problems. We can bring it in in full scale until they do.

828 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 08:00

I have the Dell Power Manager up on my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 64bit Windows. I plug in the power adapter and get the following message: Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced. Is my battery bad or do I need some software fix? Larry

Can you check the BIOS battery section to see if you have an error listed there?   If so, what it is?   You can access the BIOS by pressing and holding the vol up key immediately after your turn on the device to power it on.   You can work through the boot menu with vol-up and vol-down.    The BIOS itself supports touch or an external mouse.

Thanks.

1 Message

April 11th, 2014 05:00

* Ghost screen (Not very often after upgrade of touch firmware) * Problems detecting when keyboard is attached/removed and disconnects * CPU Freeze (Not often and mostly seen running modern UI apps) * Power Drain I have had my device only 4 days and have experienced all of the issues here as well as the batter communication message.
No Events found!