Larry the G
1 Copper

RE: Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced.

I also want to clarify what I mean by plugging in the adapter. The adapter is first plugged into a wall socket and then I plug the other end into the Tablet. Please let me know if this is a bad thing to do.
0 Kudos
Larry the G
1 Copper

I unplugged the adapter end from the tablet and the screen went black. I plugged the adapter back into the tablet and it started again but needed a bitlocker key. I put in a bitlocker key and it came back up. I think from now on that I will only plug the adapter into the tablet when the tablet is powered off.
0 Kudos
rtsundland
2 Bronze

I opened up a service ticket last week, and received a new battery yesterday.  Unfortunately, I am still getting the same message, so I don't think it's battery related... running A05 firmware.

I think at this point it may be software related, as it happens intermittently.  But, I have a few different problems w/ my 7130 so I think there may be a general hardware fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleB69
1 Copper

FYI

The Dell Venue 11 (i5/8/256) that I am using was delivered with Bios A06. I seem to have the same issues as reported around several post.

* Ghost screen (Not very often after upgrade of touch firmware)

* Problems detecting when keyboard is attached/removed and disconnects

* CPU Freeze (Not often and mostly seen running modern UI apps)

* Power Drain

A06 might be a European/Nordic Bios or something? Should still say that when it Works it one magic device 🙂 just hope they will clean up all the small annoying problems. We can bring it in in full scale until they do.

0 Kudos

I have the Dell Power Manager up on my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 64bit Windows. I plug in the power adapter and get the following message: Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced. Is my battery bad or do I need some software fix? Larry

Can you check the BIOS battery section to see if you have an error listed there?   If so, what it is?   You can access the BIOS by pressing and holding the vol up key immediately after your turn on the device to power it on.   You can work through the boot menu with vol-up and vol-down.    The BIOS itself supports touch or an external mouse.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Sstonefree
1 Copper

* Ghost screen (Not very often after upgrade of touch firmware) * Problems detecting when keyboard is attached/removed and disconnects * CPU Freeze (Not often and mostly seen running modern UI apps) * Power Drain I have had my device only 4 days and have experienced all of the issues here as well as the batter communication message.
0 Kudos
etAHS
1 Copper

Add me to the list of people experiencing the same problem.  Battery needs replaced?  The numbers are inaccurate as well.  Now Battery 1 says 79%, and Battery 2 (I'm assuming keyboard) says 0%. 

This sucks as I'm about to travel and this is my main device.

0 Kudos
GEBoynton
2 Bronze

I'm having the same problem. I've already replaced the battery with a new one. Now I'm getting the same message that I need to replace my battery. It failed a diagnostic scan. Today, despite being plugged in, my battery was nearly dead when I booted today.
0 Kudos
Sam J
1 Copper

I have 3 of the Venue 7139 units and they all are having this issue or similar " the system can not communicate with the battery"
0 Kudos
xprod77
1 Copper

Same issues here on a BRAND NEW Venue 11 Pro...I get both battery error messages, "...cannot communicate..." and "your battery is no longer working..."

What's the deal Dell? I'm on the latest Bios A12...

0 Kudos