Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2011 07:00

cant answer my phone

i am on my 4th dell streak. like the phone even with 1.6 but when i get a phone call the screen locks and unable to answer  tried everything any ideas

27 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 09:00

dear jcleaver. you are covering the proximity sensor near the earpiece while holding the phone. Try to keep your thumb away for results.

16 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 09:00

thanks for the responce. did try that      does not answer  even when i am not holding phone  just touching answer on screen

16 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 11:00

none of the buttons or screen work  note post this is my 4th phone

27 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 11:00

does the screen respond other than  call answer? anyway you should take it to service centre for either repair or replacement.

16 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 17:00

had the same service tag issue. but service has been good except fixing the issue and customer service say never heard of the issue.had four no fix yet. really think dell would be way ahead to do a total recall i do like the phone really frustrating

14 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 20:00

Did you check your blacklit settings. On a very low setting of 5 or 10 seconds it migh give you issues. Try uninstalling all the recent apps you have install and leaving only the original apps and see what happens. If it works reintall your apps one after the other to figure out which one is the bug.

I hope you get help ... ASAP.

16 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 09:00

took 2 weeks and 5 phone calls  now got a different streak and have to start over

12 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 09:00

so you had the same service tag issue? Nice....Dell told me that this "had never happened before"....if that's the case why does Dell have a "Tag Department" to handle this? ( again more lies and double speak)  How long did it take them to fix it? Mines going on 4 weeks now with no resolution in site....you know if Dell would just hanfdle these issues honestly and treat us like we where customers and not some voice on a phone hundreds or thousands of miles away this would be a lot easier to handle....the Streak is a great concept especailly for a bussiness person like myself....just fix the issues and maintain customers.

16 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 11:00

you might try apple or samsung . all the dell guys left the sinking ship

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 11:00

Hi guys,

Even i cant answer my phone now. My steak screen is unresponsive even i am not able to open the screen lock. I got my phone from dell website in usa. whom should i contact. any numbers please.

12 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 20:00

you can try to 1-800-308-3355....dont count on any real assistance...but who knows you may get lucky. 

14 Posts

January 24th, 2011 18:00

I had similar problem and after recalibration works fine. have had to recalibrate 2x since then. have upgraded to O2 froyo am happy all works fine. 

to recalibrate turn off and restart holding volume control in center til screen shows options, do calibrate ( i set mine on table ) and restart. check there are other posts about doing that may explain better than I

ran

No Events found!