Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2017 09:00

dell venue 8 pro 5855 wont respond to buttons

I have a Dell venue 8 pro 5855 that was trying to do a factory reset and it was doing the data wipe. it rebooted during this and now when it turns on Dell data security says the wipe wasn't completed due to the device rebooting and asked to continue or cancel.  but the touch screen wont work and the volume and home buttons do nothing. 

I tried plugging in a usb keyboard I have using a usb a to usb c converter but no luck with that either.

Is there a way to get past this screen or someway to restart the whole process?  I did try turning it off by holding the power button and then pressing and holding the power button and home button but I get that dell security window right after the dell logo (which is up for about 1 sec)

Thank you for any and all help

June 13th, 2017 03:00

Hi SAKONO,

Could you please which buttons are not working?

Please share the screenshot of Dell Security window

Run the diagnostics by pressing F12 during startup and check for the buttons if its working or not?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

Does external mouse works fine?

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

3 Posts

June 13th, 2017 10:00

when it asks to continue or cancel the data wipe I have no way of doing either.  the touch screen doesn't work and none of the usb keyboards i've tried will work. not even a mouse.  this keeps it from booting up and there for am unable to do anything with it.

June 14th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

None of the keys are working on the keyboard as well?

Please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Dell-Vijay A

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

June 14th, 2017 11:00

Correct. no usb keyboard will work. the touch screen does not work. mouse does not work.  The tablet is basically a paper weight.  is there a fix or is it just a permanent paper weight?

June 15th, 2017 02:00

Hi,

Please private message your system tag, let me have a look

1 Message

March 4th, 2020 11:00

Hi, please assist as i am having the same issue with my tablet, what was the solution, dis it get fixed

5 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 05:00

Did you receive the solution? What i the solution

5 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 05:00

Which solution did Dell or another give you to solve the problem

4 Posts

June 12th, 2020 10:00

Hi, I think the best solution to your problem is to change the keyboard and update drivers, according to my point of view.

5 Posts

June 13th, 2020 06:00

Hi,

Update drivers or entering the bios by buttons or keyboard is imposible. Also starting from USB with bootable stick or using a mouse. After starting  with the Dell logo there is a message from

Dell Security Manager.

"Data Wiped Interrupted: System Reboot Occurred.

A reboot occurred during the the Data Wipe operation, The device(s) may be incompletely wiped.

Do you want to continue Data Wipe operation?"

Continue        Cancel

That's the end  nothing works, no buttons except for ending, no touchscreen no keyboard no mouse. So how do I solve this?

Dell has os recovery programs but how do I get these on as nothing works?

11 Posts

June 13th, 2020 11:00

Hello, I have encountered the same issue than yours.

I was struggling with the same issue, even with usb-c OTG cable none of my keyboard was working properly.

Until I discovered that usb-ce port is partially not working, I was forced to put some inclination till I found that my hub is properly powered and finally my keyboard was fully functionnal and I was able to cancel the operation.

I confirm that button and touchscreen are not working and I don't know why because comment on the application are clearly indicating as a second choice to choose what to do.

I hope it will help you, USB-C on this product are very fragile to my opinion as my friend have the same issue with another 5855 model.

I hope it could help you.

Best regards.

Thomas B

5 Posts

June 15th, 2020 06:00

Hi Thomas,

I understand you got your tablet working.

What exacly do you mend by inclination (bend?, curve?). Is that with the OTG-Dell cable?. Did you use a Dell keyboard? You connected the keyboard and the powercable or only the keyboard?

You mend the USB-C is important. What specification is needed?

The one I have: In 5V------0,5A Max

Total Out 5V------0,5A 2,5 W

It wll be great if I can get it working again.

I live in the Netherlands therefore my English and the exact meaning of words is not  always obvious to me.

Kroko

5 Posts

June 16th, 2020 04:00

Hi Thomas,

I've go it working again. Before I had the tablet on the tabel. After your mail with the not so good contact I took in my hand and with a liitle wobbling there was contact and I was able use it. I can now start from USB and install Windows.

Great, thank you for your message and help.

Jaap

No Events found!