Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 6th, 2013 17:00

latitude 10 st2 light sensor problem

Hi forum,

Yesterday I've installed the "Rotation Calibration Tool for motherboard replacement services" tool from dell's site.

I was playing with  STMicroSensorHubTool.exe tool and was stupid enough to execute it with "STMicroSensorHubTool.exe /als_cal -clear" and this seems as broke my light sensor.

Unfortunately i did not executed "STMicroSensorHubTool.exe /als_cal -get" before doing clear, so i don't have any clue of initial values.

Currently, "get" throw me the following error:

C:\DELL\Drivers\8W4HP>STMicroSensorHubTool.exe /als_cal -get
Please wait...
Disabling device
Please wait...

Enabling device

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.

at STMicroSensorHubTool.Program.LightSensorCalibration(CalibrationParameters_
t CalibrationParameters)
   at STMicroSensorHubTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\DELL\Drivers\8W4HP>

So what I am asking for is someone able to execute "get" on his tablet and post the contents of "als_cal_coeff.txt" file here so i can start with something and fix mine?

Thanks in advance!

3 Posts

July 26th, 2013 07:00

Hi,

I forgot to update.

>theroblog.com

I think You are probably right, It indeed changes the mode of operation from sensor mode to some testing mode, I've figured out that before, and was able to change mode back to operational with /switches (i don't remember exact ones), but that did not solved my problem with backlight, but recovered screen auto rotate which was also got broken at some point.

I did not done the trick with removing/adding device from device manager for backlight, so maybe that may fix backlight for me.

Fortunately I was able to restore functionality of sensor. After about 2 hours of troubleshooting with DELL's technical support, I've been told to do a factory reset, and that solved problem with backlight.

For the record i do tried to perform "STMicroSensorHubTool.exe /als_cal -get" (with working backlight sensor) to have a backup of values, but i've got same error as above... So clearly there are some of bugs with this software package.

Thanks!

3 Posts

May 14th, 2013 15:00

anyone?

July 24th, 2013 21:00

It sends the device to sensor mode.

Use device manager to uninstall the triangle yellow device it now is under sensors. It will create a device under hid.

Use the command line switch to return it to sensor mode. It will fault out but work. Check using the command line to see what mode the sensor is now in.

Remove the hid device version by uninstalling it in device manager. Scan for changes. Now it should come back. Check that it is under settings in the metro interface to se of you can enable auto bright.

Worked for me..

Evidently this is a big bug in the command line tool.

Rob

Theroblog.com

No Events found!