Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2010 12:00

my dell streak keeps crashing, and then restarting

i bought mine about a month ago, i am so disappointed because the device that i bought purposely to work as my web browser crashes everytime i used it to browse and look on the map since a week ago. i got it from carphonewarehouse UK, i went there several time but been tell off to come back again and again. they say it is because i haven't upgrade my dell streak to froyo 2.2, however as my dell is locked to O2UK then i still couldn't get the update as it will be upgraded phase by phase. and start with the unlocked version. i just hope dell clarify this, that the problem occur because i haven't upgrade it to froyo 2.2, i dont mind waiting for another couple weeks for it to be updated as long as my dell streak will stop crashing, i tried putting paper between the battery and cover, sadly nothing changed. and my dell streak has been restarting since it crashed about an hour ago, and this happen a couple time daily! i am so frustrated!! DELL please do something or people will lose faith in your mobile devices.

November 20th, 2010 14:00

Back everything up onto your desktop computer and try resetting th phone.

menu>settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset>Reset device

November 22nd, 2010 01:00

done that like a million times..but still my dell streak crashes everytime i use the browser(the one already installed  with it) and hen i use youtube also the map. SO FRUSTRATED..i dont even install anything even my own phonebook... I SERIOUSLY HATE MY DELL STREAK NOW..=(

10 Posts

January 28th, 2011 01:00

I am not sure if the problem is just with android 2.1 or the hardware. I am facing the similar problem but as bad as Ionic_fuller's. I have upgraded to 2.2 and I keep facing the problem with phone restarting by itself.

I have gone to the service center dell atleast twice complaining about it. I am unhappy with this issues. I hope dell will resolve this problem

1 Message

October 16th, 2011 08:00

Mine is also same problem...

I bought my dell streak in march from amazon..

it was having 1.6

@ dat time 2 times it was crashed and kept restarting for about half and hour...

after dat I updated streak to 2.2

but the problem was still the same.. it just keeps restarting.... 

since last 2 weeks my streak keeps restarting every 4-5 hours... so i am frustrated now with my streak....

I heard that dell has stopped production of dell streak after seeing this issue in dell streak 5.

I am going to call dell support to complain about this issue. I hope they will surely help me about this and keep customers happy....

3 Posts

May 29th, 2012 16:00

I am having same problem. Dell streak keeps crashing and restarting.. continuously..  I contacted dell streak customer support.. no one ever responded.... finally I got a work around.. I am using that crappy table/phone as a paper weight.... I think that is the most expensive paper weight I ever bought....  I will never recommend anyone to buy any dell product......

May 29th, 2012 22:00

The best thing to happen to me during my life with the Streak was drop it. The screen shattered and I bought a Samsung Note. Almost the same outside dimentions but thinner, better bigger screen, and better operating system.

I recommend the Note. Does it have short comimgs? Yes, but nowhere near the issues the Streak had.  

3 Posts

June 7th, 2012 00:00

I'll recommend to go for any tablet or phone but not one which is manufactured by dell.... Such a worst support and service.... 

3 Posts

June 7th, 2012 00:00

It doesn't help. Once dell streak keeps crashing nothing helps to prevent it.

June 21st, 2012 11:00

i had a same problem its get restart in every 15 to 30 mins.

June 21st, 2012 11:00

Dell stoped sales & services in India what about the dell streak 5 coustomers. Need to take some serious action about this kind of problematic mobile no update no service of Dell. its painful dear all dont buy dell streak, no one waried about the services..............................

12 Posts

June 24th, 2012 16:00

Same i got on DELL VENUE, what a shame, people are installing on it Custom OS because DELL stoped supporting all phones. I'm not going to request replace it by another one because all replacement phones got same issues.

No Events found!