Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2011 15:00

streak 5 volume - can't hear phone

I have just bought the Streak 5 and find that no matter how much I try to increase the volume with the rocker switch the volume of the telepone is not loud enough to hear. I am using the internal speaker.

I also can not get the Streak and my Dell desktop to work together. I tried downloading software, but it appears to think I have Windows & - I have Vista.

78 Posts

June 12th, 2011 07:00

Hope your phone is new and they didtn send you a 'refurb'.  have you contacted Dell and requested a new phone? what version are you 2.2 or 2.2.2? lastly did your phone come with 1.6 and you manually updated?

5 Posts

June 12th, 2011 09:00

I am sure it was new.

The problem is at least partly solved - removing the factory fitted protective cover made a surprising differenec, but I am still not sure I will be able to hear it in a crowd. It isstill not able to link to the (Dell) desktop, but does talk to my (non-Dell) laptop, which is bizarre. The problem will not, it seems, be solved, either, after several days on the phone with India. Apparently it is nlikely to ever synch with the desktop except through 3rd-party software.

Given that I wanted to transfer my Palm diary across, and that is impossible (Palm used tp talk to Outlook, but who now has Outlook?) except through 3rd-party s/w, and the calendar on the Android/Dell/Google system is less intuitive, it has all proved very disappointing. There is a strong case to go iPhone, because at least the maker is the same as the software maker, but I find it all very annoying.

Sad, really.

Thanks for the help though.

Malcolm

78 Posts

June 12th, 2011 09:00

Sorry to hear that your Streak still have problems too. Its sad that your phone will jot sync with itsbown product maker laptop. I am thinking its a driver issue and dell should or must have a solution. I hope things work out and you dont have to make that iphone switchover.

5 Posts

June 12th, 2011 13:00

Sadly, it is Dell that says that they neither have a solution, nor expect to have one although they are trying to solve part of the problem. It will be possible to see the Streak at some stage, but not to use Dell Sync......

It is not going to be just me.

Given that they make the device, use the Android system by another maker, and now the Nero syncing program, I am not too surprised there are problems.

78 Posts

June 12th, 2011 17:00

Lol they yanked my response. Must have pulled a string. This forum dont provide much for me and there too many other sites that does. I am out of here.  Im sire this post gets yanked. But hope some of you have read it and my earlier post today before it got yanked.... Yep go ahead and pull this forum account I dont care

78 Posts

June 17th, 2011 18:00

how sad. and i thought posters on other forums were stretching it when they said no support from dell ... i guess true.

No Events found!