Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 26th, 2010 17:00

touchscreen not responding for unlock

When I try to unlock after waking from sleep, original green arrow slide, not custom, the phone will not respond, also for answering calls from sleep. After trying many different things and reading blogs I am about to give up ( running rooted and 2.1 on US formerly locked phone ).

In the process I found that if I have it in my shirt pocket and it is warm from being there it will refuse to unlock, cannot power off as will not respond to touch. If i let the phone sit on the counter or seat when driving and it cools off to ambient temperature it will respond easily !!!! ??? !!!

Also as I usually use a bluetooth headset it will always answer calls from the headset answer button. Is there another way to get it to answer calls ? Very frustrating to lose calls and not be able to callback because phone will not respond when not using headset.

Thanks

Ran

1 Message

November 26th, 2010 23:00

I had the same problem, you need to calibrate the screen.

Dell Streak Support

14 Posts

November 26th, 2010 19:00

Would it be possible to make an application that would allow unlocking the phone with a button press combination so one does not have to rely on the touch slide unlock procedure?

Ran

14 Posts

November 27th, 2010 21:00

Thank you Ozborn,

I tried that before and did not work, so tried it again and so far it has worked.

thanks again

ran

1 Message

August 11th, 2012 12:00

Many Thanks Ozborn for your post....I almost threw my streak outta my 5th floor window....:emotion-2:

1 Message

August 12th, 2012 22:00

disculpa como realizo la calibracion del touch, no puedo acceder a las funciones del equipo por que no puedo desbloquear el telefono utilizando el touch

No Events found!