wendysstorm
1 Copper

xps15 2 in 1 with pn576x dell active pen

recently purchased the xps15 2 in 1 with the dell active pen, pn 576x. the pen works fine, but i really want it to have assigned buttons for right click and double click, just like a regular mouse. Is this possible with this pen? this is why i wanted this set up.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

wendy

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: xps15 2 in 1 with pn576x dell active pen

wendysstorm,

Unfortunately, Dell does not have a 576x pen. Below are the pens.

Dell Active Pen - PN557W
Dell Active Pen - PN556W
Dell Active Pen - PN338M
Dell Active Pen - PN579X

With the 579x you can use the pen to do the following.

Top Pen Button • Turn on Enable Presentation Mode to use the button to navigate through a PowerPoint presentation. • Top Pen Button can be disabled or programmed to run specific applications or functions as listed below: • Single Press/Double Press/Long Press — Ink Workspace (default for Single Press), OneNote, Sketchpad, Screen Sketch (default for Double Press), Sticky Notes (default for Long Press), Open/Run, Keystrokes, Page Up, Page Down, Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, and Defined by System.

Top Barrel Button Top Barrel Button can be disabled or programmed to run specific applications or functions as listed below: • Barrel Button (default), Radial Menu, Erase, Open/ Run, Keystrokes, Cortana, Ink Workspace, Sketchpad, Screen Sketch, Sticky Notes, OneNote, Page Up, Page Down, Go Back, Go Forward, Copy, Paste, Undo, Redo, Switch Application, Wacom Settings, Web Browser, E-mail, Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Mute. NOTE: The listed customization features are valid with Windows 10 RS2 (Creators update) and Windows 10 RS3 (Fall creators update). NOTE: Turn on Hover Click to enable the selected Top Barrel Button function while hovering the tip over the screen without the tip touching the screen. Bottom Barrel Button Bottom Barrel Button can be disabled or programmed to run specific applications or functions as listed below: • Barrel Button, Radial Menu, Erase (default), Open/Run, Keystrokes, Cortana, Ink Workspace, Sketchpad, Screen Sketch, Sticky Notes, OneNote, Page Up, Page Down, Go Back, Go Forward, Copy, Paste, Undo, Redo, Switch Application, Wacom Settings, Web Browser, E-mail, Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Mute. NOTE: Turn on Hover Click to enable the selected Bottom Barrel Button function while hovering the tip over the screen without the tip touching the screen. NOTE: Turn on Show battery status in the taskbar to enable displaying battery status in the taskbar. 

Click the link below to choose your pen model and download the online manual for usage. The pens are listed under electronics and accessories 

Dell Product Support

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos

Re: xps15 2 in 1 with pn576x dell active pen

Hi, I have the same issue here. All Wacom pens come default mapped to use the barrel buttons as left and right click and thus the software applications I use default to have right click an integral function.

In photoshop Alt+right click to change pen size, right click to get brush menu, right click layers for context menus.

in Zbrush right click is absolutely crucial for basic interface navigation, particularly when zoomed in close to a model because it enables rotate when the cursor is over a mesh. right click + modifier keys are a core component of masking, trim brushes and clip brushes. you CANNOT USE ZBRUSH WITHOUT RIGHT CLICK.

Excuse my confusion but how is this option missing completely?

The pen came with my XPS 9575 but if it has no right click it is utterly and completely useless. Can you please let me know what pens are available that are compatible with the XPS 9575 that do support right click? I will need to return the entire system if I cannot get a pen that supports right click.

0 Kudos