danmurphy
1 Copper

Re: Ask the Expert: Meet the EMC Unity Family

Hi Patrick,  the all-flash and hybrid Drive Array Enclosures are physically the same. 

joecat1
1 Nickel

Yes, Unity will support CTA in  the 2H2016 however the implementation specifics are not available to be announced yet as things do change.

crewcab
1 Nickel

Hello Unity Experts,

Do we have any documentation regarding Unity's SP core affinity?  When we came out with VNX2 MCx, we published a chart that showed core assignment to SP process.  Is there something similar available for Unity?

Thanks,

crewcab
1 Nickel

Hello Unity Experts,

I am trying to find more details regarding Unity integration with CloudIQ.   I see that CloudIQ.emc.com is available and was hoping it would have additional documentation, but while there is a Unity dashboard,  there doesn't appear to be any documentation on how that data is transferred to there from Unity,  how much and for how long Unity metrics are kept there, and user access administration.

Thanks,

joecat1
1 Nickel

CloudIQ is a new feature – implemented on Unity – that provides customers with a SaaS management platform for predicting/determining the overall health of your Unity systems (performance, configuration, alerts, etc.) based on analytics conducted and provided by EMC. Please understand that this is offered now as an Early Access Program (not full GA with all the features yet until later in 2016) and is available via cloudiq.emc.com where you find FAQs and can apply for Early Access with our Cloud Management team. Also, you will need a valid support agreement and EULA in place AND you will need to enable ESRS on your Unity systems so EMC can collect the requisite data and perform the analytics. Again, functionality is limited in this Early Access Program and this is described in the FAQs

joecat1
1 Nickel

Please work through your "Speed Guru Certified" EMC Channel Partner for this type of performance information.

crewcab
1 Nickel

Hi Joecat,

Thank you for the quick reply on my question on CloudIQ.  I cannot find any FAQ on the CloudIQ.emc.com website.  As I mentioned it goes directly into a dashboard showing two systems.  I check every one of the task menus and also read through the help section,  again no FAQ were listed.  

joecat1
1 Nickel

Can you try accessing this way?

https://community.emc.com/community/products/unity

Highlighted
khanz1
2 Iron

Also check out the specifications sheet for additional information:

Unity Hybrid

Unity All Flash

and Hardware Information Guide

crewcab
1 Nickel

Hi Joe,

That link just brings me back to the main Unity Community page.  The Unity FAQ does talk about CloudIQ and states there is a Early Adopter program and then offers a link to back to here.  I signed up and got access to CloudIQ.emc.com, but again no details, just the dashboard with two examples.  Your early reply indicated that ESRS was the transport method on how Unity metrics are uploaded to CloudIQ, so I guess that is all I have for now regarding how CloudIQ is populated with a customer's data.