joecat1
1 Nickel

Re: Ask the Expert: Meet the EMC Unity Family

So the link should have brought you to the Unity ECN page where you would click on the CloudIQ icon. From there you are saying you saw the FAQs? ESRS thick pipe (MFT) is the way it connects a Unity system to EMC.

joecat1
1 Nickel

BTW, the ESRS connection is a “pull” connection

Hi Alan,

Since the CloudIQ is in an Early Access program, we only provided minimal documentation (via the online help in the portal itself). Thanks for asking the question about documentation and looking for the FAQs document. My apologies that there seems to be some confusion around the availability of an FAQs document. I will check back with the team to see whether we have similar content available in another format.

We are always looking at creating documentation that users like you can most benefit from. If you can let us know, for the application like CloudIQ, what you expected to see (in addition to or in lieu of the FAQs) as documentation, that'd be of great help!

Thank you!!

boyler05
2 Iron

In Unity, can a given LUN be serviced by both SPs at the same time, as in a "true" Active/Active array like XtremIO, or is ALUA still used where each LUN is serviced by only SP A or SP B at a given time (but front-end connections can come through both SP's IO modules at the same time)?

joecat1
1 Nickel

CloudIQ FAQs are called "Guidelines" and are accessible via  the Unity EMC Community page (just scoll down to the CloudIQ icon) https://community.emc.com/community/products/unity 

Rainer_EMC
5 Rhenium

it's ALUA

0 Kudos
kiruthikag
1 Nickel

Hi Bill,

Expanding on Rainer's response above, In Unity, the LUNs are in ALUA mode and IO for a LUN can be received by either or both SPs but are processed by only one SP.

Thanks !

Rainer_EMC
5 Rhenium

same controllers and DAE's

0 Kudos
Nori_Ishitsuka
3 Argentium

Hi Experts,

I've read the some e-Learning, Unity likes VNXe2 architecture I think.

So I have one worry.

That is Fail safe network for File service.

VNXe2 is not support FSN, Unity is supported that?

Some documents writes "supported" but local engineer said "not supported".

Which information is correct?

And if "not supported" is true, do you have plan to support FSN?

Regards.

Highlighted
khanz1
2 Iron

Re: Re: Ask the Expert: Meet the EMC Unity Family

quick note that for HA on the file resources link aggregation is recommended; check out the EMC Unity Best Practices guide