Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2020 06:00

Customize Unity Alert Notifications

Is there any way to customize the alert notifications being sent from the Unity arrays. Our entire ESXi environment reboots on a weekly basis and causes unwanted alerts from the arrays. I of course need to be notified of critical alerts but I do not consider a SAN attached host reboot critical. How do I add an exception to the Critical category ignoring the alert below?  I do not see this configuration available, at least not in the GUI.  Thanks.

CRITICAL message from Unity (xxxxxxxxx/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).

You have received this message because an event that has occurred on your Unity (xxxxxxxx/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) system requires your attention. The alert is: Alert Text: Unable to refresh managed server xxxxxxxxxx because of a connection issue. Message Id: 14:60902 Timestamp: Sat 2020-01-25 08:15:12 AM Log in to Unisphere to learn more about this alert. Click EVENTS > Alerts, and then select the alert to view the details. You can then go to other related pages to further investigate the situation.

• 

6.9K Posts

January 28th, 2020 09:00

Hello DanPJ,

There is not a way to remove the alert so you won’t get it.  What I tell most customers is to put a note in the message that says to ignore the alert if it is during the rebooting of your ESXi environment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Message

December 20th, 2021 11:00

You can modify the alert to be classified as a Warning or Info.  Then tell your array to only notify you for Errors and above.  

No Events found!