EdwardHsu
1 Copper

Does Unity NAS can support Apple Mac access via SMB

Hi Unity Guru,

Recently our Unity Unified customer have a request want to SMB folder share for Apple Mac users use , but this scenario real test result is not supported ( Apple Mac Users cannot see and access this share ). I would like request Unity Guru to confirm whether Unity NAS does not support Apple Mac via SMB ? if answer is yes ( current not support ) ! Does Unity Unified function improvement roadmap whether will support this feature?

Appreciate for your great help. Thanks a lot !

Best Regards,

Edward.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikko1
6 Indium

Re: Does Unity NAS can support Apple Mac access via SMB

Hi,
I dont know on official support for the OS X, but I do know that we have few hundred mac's connecting to the users personal home shares on unity with smb and working without problems. (Ad authentication used for the Macs and for the smb share)

0 Kudos
Roni2
1 Nickel

yes it is supported..what SMB version you are using? if you can capture a network trace to check the negotiation phase...it sounds like it is failing in negotiation regards.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

yes i should work just like it did on VNX and Celerra

of course you need to authenticate (login/passord) with an account from either a Windows Active Directory domain and from the Unity NAS server local users DB.

We will not authenticate SMB against netinfo/passwd or NIS - just like others

The "cannot see" depends on how the Apple finder is configured for network browsing - we provide WINS and DNS and probably also netbios broadcast.

If you are sure you are using a valid auth and it doesnt work then please take network traces and open a service request.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

0 Kudos