Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 4th, 2017 03:00

License key for Unity VSA

Hi team,

I installed EMC Unity Appliance on my Lab setup to test .During initial configuration, it’s prompting License key to enter, So is there any trail License Key to register to use product for test ?

Thanks

Shankar

8.6K Posts

January 4th, 2017 05:00

just follow the instructions on www.emc.com/getunity to request a license key

February 23rd, 2017 02:00

Thanks a lot.I got an key and also installed Unity and working fine.Sorry for delayed in response

2 Posts

March 6th, 2019 05:00

Hi, during generation of Unity VSA FREE license I got error "Not connected. Verify Network". Checked on different browsers, same issue.

I'm using: https://www.dellemc.com/en-us/auth/elmeval.htm Luk

8.6K Posts

March 7th, 2019 07:00

try login to dellemc.com first if that still doesnt work I suggest to engage the support chat on that website

11 Posts

March 9th, 2019 21:00

I have also posted exactly the same issue when i try to generate license.It means that it is a global issue which has yet to be resolved. I list below possible scenario that might generate error;

1. Community edition license is generated once per registered email address. However, I have tried to generate it via a new corporate email address, I get the same error.
  2. Community edition license is only generated when UnityVSA appliance has internet connection. But, how Dell EMC can map a UUID to an installed appliance anywhere in the world. (does not make sense to me).
  3. Dell EMC records public IP of Internet connection so that multiple requests can be blocked if coming from same ISP . However, I have tried from home , office and mobile , none works.
  4. Last and the least, back end network connection issue with license generator and web server when a valid UUID is entered , and somehow license  is not generated  due to some internal glitch , then when a user tries to do it again, database records the same UUID , does not generate license again for same UUID. Hence, error description is very misleading "Not Connected, Verify Network".

Since it is a Community Edition license, Dell EMC will not spend time and efforts.if it were a Professional Edition License, then solution would be available instantly.

7 Posts

March 11th, 2019 23:00

I've deployed the VSA many times over the years, and there is no limit set on how many times you can get a license as long as it is not a duplicate UUID. I think point 4 is the more likely.

8.6K Posts

March 14th, 2019 05:00

see the other threads on this forum

• 

239 Posts

March 20th, 2019 02:00

Could you try now and let us know how it goes?

https://support.emc.com/kb/484570

Or

https://www.dellemc.com/en-us/auth/elmeval.htm

1 Message

March 10th, 2022 21:00

This link is not working.

• 

8.5K Posts

March 11th, 2022 05:00

Try to navigate directly to https://dell.to/3CycxCP in a clean browser instance or using incognito mode

6 Posts

March 30th, 2022 01:00

Hei andre, could you help me for this issue? its still not yet fixed for the issue.

UUID : 76025E06-794D-5852-CAC0-5C0A0AB0C822

ardhan98_1-1648629819327.png

Regards,

April 25th, 2022 04:00

No connection works and give me "not connected" and "Verify Network"

please help me.

• 

8.5K Posts

April 25th, 2022 09:00

Hi,

If you use incognito mode sometimes it allows the license to be generated. If you are in the US or Canada phone support should be able to get the license team to generate a license. Other countries this may work as well but you would have to contact the local support to see if they can.

• Contact the Dell EMC Support Line by calling 800-782-4362, option 4, option 4, (at any time) and they will assist you and/or create an SR on your behalf.

Information needed in the Service Request:

• Software Part Numbers – 456-110-674    UnityVSA CE 4TB=IC
  • Quantity/Capacity – Qty 1

Machine information: UUID

Site Info

If this is a Dark Site, please inform Licensing of this

Reason for trial license = UVSA CE Trial License Website is down

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 24th, 2023 13:14

UnityVsa license generator not working :(
Can you help me to activate license please?
System UUID: 4052A6C7-8BBF-FB79-B4D9-094B079E0A62

• 

8.5K Posts

24-10-2023 01:15 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

It is not working currently and we are trying to resolve it. You need to call support and talk to the licensing team to get a license. 800-782-4362, option 4, option 4

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Josh

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Mark as Accepted Answer’. ‘Thumbs up’ the posts you like!

#Iwork4Dell

No Events found!