3 Argentum

Unity AFA - my esx hosts Vmware 6.5 were registered with FC conectivity but only the cloning VMs process takes more time compared to VNX

Jump to solution

i forgot to integrate unity with vmware,

and VASA provider installation was not completed.

can i install it without disruption? i am in production, with many block luns presented as datastores, and many VMs running.

any impact?

i need to use feature to offload proccess from esx hosts to Unity processors, like my cloning vm.

please any comments?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unity AFA - my esx hosts Vmware 6.5 were registered with FC conectivity but only the cloning VMs process takes more time compared to VNX

Jump to solution

Hi Maynor Carcamo,

Glad I could help.

As for VSI for vSphere Web Client, have a look at the product guide here:

https://support.emc.com/docu85512_VSI-for-VMware-vSphere-Web-Client-7.2-Product-Guide.pdf?language=e...

If you continue experiencing issue, I would encourage you to open a Service Request for support to have a look.

Thanks

Andre @ Dell EMC

Andre @ Dell EMC
*** If this answered your question, please remember to mark this thread as resolved/answered ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Re: Unity AFA - my esx hosts Vmware 6.5 were registered with FC conectivity but only the cloning VMs process takes more time compared to VNX

Jump to solution

Hi Maynor Carcamo,

I think you may be confusing VASA with VAAI stuff maybe. Not sure as I don't have enough information here.

You can add setup the VASA provider in vSphere or Unisphere at any time, should have no impact. But as I said, you may be confusing features here.

Andre @ Dell EMC

Andre @ Dell EMC
*** If this answered your question, please remember to mark this thread as resolved/answered ***
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

hello Andre

thanks for confirming no impact when installing....

yes i am confused about that...

if not VASA maybe VAAIA Is the feature i need to improve cloning VM process with muy already configured esx hosts with fc block luns as datastores.... by the way i can get that by installing the last version of VSI appliance right?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Maynor Carcamo,

Glad I could help.

As for VSI for vSphere Web Client, have a look at the product guide here:

https://support.emc.com/docu85512_VSI-for-VMware-vSphere-Web-Client-7.2-Product-Guide.pdf?language=e...

If you continue experiencing issue, I would encourage you to open a Service Request for support to have a look.

Thanks

Andre @ Dell EMC

Andre @ Dell EMC

View solution in original post