Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2016 14:00

Unity Free VSA - System Capacity Reporting Issue

I have the unity appliance installed, I have disk presented, a pool, a tier, etc.  The issue that I have at this point is that I am not able to get the dashboard to actually show any data for system capacity.  I have rebooted the device multiple times and tried several different things but I have not found any place that provides much detail short of logging into the device via CLI and starting to bang away at logs.  Picture attached.

system_cap.png

• 

239 Posts

June 7th, 2016 01:00

A few things to try in order to zoom in on the problem:

- other browsers. Do you have the same problem on other browsers?

- if you run CLI commands to get capacity info you get the details you need?

Example:

> uemcli -noheader /stor/config/pool show

1: ID = pool_1
      Name = Test Pool
Total space = 2742336618496 (2.4T)
Remaining space = 2730257022976 (2.4T)
Subscription percent = 24%

- Could this be a communication issue between the machine where you are running unisphere and the VSA?

Check the setup documentation to make sure all required ports are open between the two.

23 Posts

June 10th, 2016 06:00

I have tried with Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.  It flashes up a usable graph for a split second then displays "There is no data available".  I have no ability to say if the graph is actually accurate when compared with the actual numbers.

I have included a screen that the CLI works just fine.  The machine running Unisphere is the same machine running the VSA so there should be no communication issue.

Ryan

screen.png

• 

239 Posts

June 11th, 2016 03:00

Odd. Not sure what else you could try.

Sounds like possible settings on the computer, or certificates, etc.I have had issues with Win 10 machines before.

You mentioned Edge, so I assume you are on Win 8 or 10.

Do you have a non Win 8 or 10 machine you could try accessing Unisphere this from (not a VM on the same machine)? Just curious to see if this could be one of the newer Window OS causing this issue.

Andre

23 Posts

June 13th, 2016 06:00

While I could see the browser being an issue, the OS seemed like a mismatch for me but did the testing to validate.  I have tried with a Windows 7 machine with IE11 as well as a Windows 2012R2 machine with IE11 and get the same issue.

Ryan

• 

239 Posts

June 14th, 2016 23:00

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for giving that a shot anyway..

I am out of ideas here. Let's see if anyone else has other suggestions on this.

No Events found!