Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2018 10:00

parsing error uemcli create snapshot

I have been successful in creating snapshots using the CLI but when I try to add the -replicate option I get an error message:

Operation failed. Error code: 0x1000017

Command line parsing failed near "-replicate" token.

The command string that fails follows:

uemcli /prot/snap create -name OracleFRA_2018-09-12_01:57:45 -source res_4 -keepFor 30d -access ckpt -replicate yes -keepSameAsSource -allowRemoteAutoDelete yes

If I remove everything having to do with replication - the command works

uemcli /prot/snap create -name OracleFRA_2018-09-12_01:57:45 -source res_4 -keepFor 30d -access ckpt

Any ideas On what I am doing wrong ??

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 28th, 2018 05:00

Hi SJRWMD,

I'm not an engineer, but I'm looking into this from a documentation perspective. This switch has changed a couple of times since Unity came out, so because it could depend on your OE, I'd recommend running the -h option on /prot/snap create to get the correct info.

I believe the switch should be -replicateSnap and you should drop the "yes" after it.

/prot/snap create [ -async ] -source [ -name ] [ -descr ] [ -access { ckpt | share } ] [ { -keepFor | -allowAutoDelete { yes | no } } ] [ -replicateSnap [ { -keepSameAsSource | -keepRemotelyFor | -allowRemoteAutoDelete { yes | no } } ] ]

Hopefully I can confirm this shortly with Engineering and get the document updated for our next release.

Thanks,

Holly

4 Posts

September 27th, 2018 03:00

Three days for moderator approval then no answer ....

Well the documentation is wrong - you cannot use the -replicate parm on the create snap command.

I implemented a script to perform the Snap it then captures the snap ID and then it executes a snap replicate command. - show below.

uemcli /prot/snap -id $IDNo replicate

I was really hoping an EMC employee would respond to this ...

450 Posts

September 27th, 2018 08:00

SJRWMD

Keep in mind that most support on this site is via community members in their free time, not DellEMC employees.  If you had an expectation or a need of a particular response time (SLA), I would have certainly suggested logging it as a ticket instead through support.

~Chris

8.6K Posts

September 30th, 2018 03:00

Chris Klosterman wrote:

SJRWMD

Keep in mind that most support on this site is via community members in their free time, not DellEMC employees.  If you had an expectation or a need of a particular response time (SLA), I would have certainly suggested logging it as a ticket instead through support.

~Chris

or DellEMC employees answering in their free time

Besides that forum fosts often make it difficult since they often dont contain basic info like OE Version, model, Client OS, history of the system, ...

4 Posts

October 11th, 2018 09:00

Perfect - Thank You !

No Events found!