dynamox
6 Gallium

Re: Difference Between Timefinder VP  and Time Finder SNAP

it has not been released yet and will only be available to people who registered for EMC World. Your local EMC resource will have access to it as well.

0 Kudos

i could not find it. please share it.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

it has not been released yet

0 Kudos

unrelated but someone posted notes from SE Conf... can't recall who,  was password protected,  so was going to email him.. happen to have seen that?

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

nope

0 Kudos
avichal266
1 Copper

Re: Difference Between Timefinder VP and Time Finder SNAP

Hi Saurabh,

Why you think have the source/ target will be at risk? I am not able to come up with a scenario where it willl impact.can you advise.

0 Kudos
sauravrohilla
3 Argentium

avichal266 wrote:

Hi Saurabh,

Why you think have the source/ target will be at risk? I am not able to come up with a scenario where it willl impact.can you advise.

Sorry I did not understand you question. Are you asking having the source and target bound to the same pool is a risk? Yes it is.

regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
Quincy561
3 Zinc

I don't recommend putting VP snaps in a separate pool, it just increases administrative overhead.

There may be exceptions, but in most cases they should be very happy in the same pool as the source devices.

Highlighted
dkakljkml
1 Nickel

Hi Saurabh,

Thats what I was asking , what make bounding the source and target  to a same pool is at risk with respect SNAP vp ? You explained Yes it is . I am question is what is the risk?

From my understanding bounding the target device to a differnt pool, than the souce device , doesnt give any considerable adavange. For a scenario lets estimate incase source device is lost, in that case what ever pool the target is bound to will be impacted as target has pointer to the source device tracks which are not changed. As well bounding the target to a diifernt pool , doesnt give you cosiderable advantage over the cache or the pool capacity.

Only scenario I think of, where bounding the target to different pool will help -is when we dont want target to be a part of fast vp and as well when we  dont want the change tracks getting copied to the same disk spindle within the same pool which are shared by source and target.

0 Kudos
dkakljkml
1 Nickel

Thnaks Quincy, My understanding was the same. Until someone give me a considerable advantage for using differnt pool for target devices.

0 Kudos