8 Krypton

Experiences with Symmetrix VMAX Documentation on new Support Site

Hi,

Does anyone else find it difficult to locate documents on the new support site that were accessible on powerlink? This just may be a pruning exercise of old docs.  Searches for the following documents below on support.emc.com yield zero results.

1.) EMC Symmetrix VMAX Series Customer Service Quick Reference Guide P/N 300-008-367

2.) Cannot find a Symmetrix VMAX planning guide with the VMAX SE included, I have an old planning guide saved which is lucky. Understand this systems is classified as a VMAX 20K now but not addressed in the latest guide that I can see.

3.) EMC® Symmetrix® VMAX™ Best Practices Technical Notes P/N 300-009-149 

These are some of my experiences. This may be the wrong forum not sure.

Thanks,

Victor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Re: Experiences with Symmetrix VMAX Documentation on new Support Site

Hello Victor,

It is indeed challenging sometimes to find docs and downloads under "Support by Product" and "Downloads", but I manage to find what I am looking for in the search page (https://support.emc.com/search).
And for the hardware related docs, I've found the hardware document viewer useful (https://support.emc.com/docu43926).
Hope it helps.

Regards,
Roshan Raju.

8 Krypton

For whatever reason I did not know about the hardware document viewer. Extremely useful!!

Thanks Roshan

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Sometimes I need to filter the product by "Support by Product" and search the keywords. Hardware document viewer is great.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Agreed: the support by product is great, not perfect, but great. I'm sure a few tweaks here and there will follow.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Agreed. A lot to like about the new interface but it just seemed to me that some old docs have been removed. I may have got that wrong. The Sym hardware viewer sorts me out in this case mostly so I am happy.

An old dog and new tricks I guess

0 Kudos