MBhatti
2 Bronze

How to Extend Meta Stripped Volum in VMAX

Hello Everyone,

We are running VMAX 5678, I want to extend Stripped Volume which has current size 2812 GB with 16 Volume, Now I want to extend this volume with 500 GB more kindly tell me the procedure step by step will highly appreciate!!!!

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KW160
3 Argentum

Re: How to Extend Meta Stripped Volum in VMAX

Please refer to the "Solutions Enabler 8.1.0 Array Management CLI Guide", Ch 7, section "Add members to a striped metadevice (Enginuity 5773 - 5876)".

0 Kudos
MBhatti
2 Bronze

KW160......

I have gone through what you mentioned. its making me confuse and not understanding it...

please share GUI reference if you have Unisphere VMAX......

Thanks

0 Kudos
KW160
3 Argentum

Here is an excerpt from the Unisphere for VMAX online help:

To add meta members:

Select the storage system.

Select Storage > Volumes to open the Volume Dashboard.

In the Volume Type panel, double-click the type of meta volume you want to expand. The Meta Volumes list view opens.

Select the meta volume and click Add Member to open the Add Member dialog box.

For striped metas only: To protect the original striped meta data, do the following:

a.

Select the Protect Data option.

b.

Type or select the name of the BCV meta head to use when protecting the data. By default, this field is filled in with the first available BCV.

Select one or more volumes to add to the meta volume.

To reserve the volumes, select Reserve. In addition you can also type reserve Comments and select an Expiration Date. The default values for Reserve and Comments are set in Symmetrix Preferences for volumes reservations. If the volumes are not automatically reserved you can optionally reserve them here.

Click Add to Job List and refer to Managing job lists on page 694.

MBhatti
2 Bronze

Thank you so much KW160 for kind help....

Let me do this if there is anything will let you know!!!!

Thank you

0 Kudos