Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2013 05:00

How to find a device belongs to which srdf group ?

For example, i have R1 as 34bc & R2 as 445b then how to find R1 belongs to which srdf group and R2 belongs to which srdf group ?

Is there any command to find the details either in DMX Series or VMAX Series?

Hello Martin,

i am tried with symrdf -sid xxx list |grep but it s not showing SRDF GROUP NAME and it s showing only the which is pair to that device and symdev -sid xxx show not showing in VMAX

419 Posts

should see this on the symdev -sid xxx show for the device.

or

symrdf -sid xxx list | grep

both outputs should get you what you need.

December 6th, 2013 06:00

Ok thanks for reply and is there any command to find the SRDF GROUP NAME which v add these devices?

SRDF_xxxx - DG name

419 Posts

On the symdev show

RDF Information

{

Device Symmetrix Name                  : 0895

RDF Type                               : R1

RDF (RA) Group Number                  :  64 (3F) <<

No no, i want the command to find the device belongs to SRDF GROUP NAME?

For example,

Normally v r adding the symld -sid xxxx -g groupname add dev xxxx rite ?

like this symrdf -g groupname query so this case how to find that device belongs to the particular group ?

419 Posts

rdflist.png

here you can see symrdf -sid xxx list on my machine,  showing dev 0895 is in RDFG 64.

419 Posts

symrdfg list -rdfg all -sid xxx will give you the names on there for the RDFG.

If it's the device group then this is on the symdev show output also.

December 6th, 2013 07:00

Hi Anil,

Your answer will go like this, to find all information regarding SRDF groups, and which devices belong to a specific RDF group you have to write as follows:

symcfg list -sid xxx -rdfg all

In my confiuration, we have two vmax, one local an the other remote, we use the same RDF group name in both, and we have one containing all R1 and R2 devices in it, son when you query the command explained above, don't expect to find many groups.

I hope this information helps you, do not hesitate to ask if you need further explanation.

Regards

5 Posts

December 6th, 2013 13:00

try a symdev show -sid |find "Device Group"

1 Message

May 18th, 2015 23:00

try symdev -sid show | find /I"Device group"

Note: Device should be a local dev to that particular array.

September 22nd, 2015 10:00

Just run the command from the host(for which this device is local):

$ symdev show |more

Symmetrix ID: 000xxxxxxxx (symmetrix-id)

Device Physical Name    : Not Visible

Device Symmetrix Name    : 3273

Device Serial ID        : N/A

Symmetrix ID            : 000xxxxxxxx(symmetrix-id)

Device Group Name        : dg_opt_oradata <<--  This is the DG name you are looking for.

Device Logical Name      : DEV016

(output truncated)

419 Posts

September 23rd, 2015 05:00

The following snippet will work all this out and create corresponding files with the list of devices in each, I’m sure there’s a few more ways you can do it, this was the first and easiest that came to mind. Be sure to change the sid

for i in `symcfg -sid 002 list -rdfg all | grep 000 | awk '{print $1}' | grep -v Symmetrix`; do symdev -sid 002 list -rdfg $i -nomember >>symm002RDFG$i.txt; done

Paul Martin

Principal Corporate Systems Engineer

Core Technologies Division - Enterprise & Mainframe Solutions

EMC²

• Office +353 21 4938979

Cell +35387 696 0621

http://bitly.com/EverythingVMAX3

EMC Information Systems International

Registered in Ireland with Company Number: 461022 and Registered address: IDA Industrial Estate, Ovens, Co. Cork

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received the e-mail in error; please delete it and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of the e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

2 Attachments

No Events found!