Highlighted
Dong_JH
1 Nickel

Is there a way to monitor the TDEV IOPS(realtime and history) in Unisphere for VMAX GUI?

Hi experts,

Is there a way to monitor the TDEV IOPS(realtime and history)  in Unisphere for VMAX GUI? My storage is VMAX 10K.

Thank you.

VMAX 10K.png

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
dynamox
6 Gallium

Re: Is there a way to monitor the TDEV IOPS(realtime and history) in Unisphere for VMAX GUI?

history yes, under performance you can drill down to look at individual devices. It's still only on 5 min poll so you get an average value.  You can play with real time trace but i don't remember if it's as granular as what you are looking for.

0 Kudos

Re: Is there a way to monitor the TDEV IOPS(realtime and history) in Unisphere for VMAX GUI?

I notice you are still at Unisphere 1.6 which is EOSL for a number of years now, is there a reason why you haven't upgraded?

there is a new real time feature offering 30 second granularity available in the new unisphere 9.0 but you require to be at 5978 code on the array. you can see more about it here

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Y-DxZ7uzPKM

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

Is 9.0 GA now ?

0 Kudos
WorldPolice
2 Iron

0 Kudos

cheers Drew, lots of new features in the new HTML5 and all of the old favourtites, here's a decent overview of what's in 9.0 Unisphere for PowerMax 9.0 Product Overview

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

So the array has to be on 5978, is that Powermax only ?

0 Kudos
david_l1
1 Nickel

Believe it's AFA as well, just has to be on 5978 code.

0 Kudos
WorldPolice
2 Iron

Unisphere for PowerMax supports all VMAX/PowerMax arrays except DMX.

yes that's correct dynamox

0 Kudos