We have VMAXe 10k in our environment and currently we connected HP servers. Now we would like to migrate to LINUX environment. We built two new servers and cabling also completed. WWNs are logged into both fabrics, but after zoning they did not logged into VMAX to create initiator group. Tried zoning them to different FA ports to see if there is any issue with port 'flags', but no luck. I am not sure this is due to HBA driver version, Firmware version or LINUX patching. We are using HP cards.
HBA driver version: 8.04.00.13.11.3-k
Firmware Version: FW v5.08.00
VMAX Enginuity: 5876
Please assist me on this to proceed further.
To confirm, can you re-verify the cabling part from the host to the switch.
Also the vmax should be cabled on the same switch also to the same director connected to the switch have been used for zoning.
Please follow below steps if possible.
1. Can you see the targets/LUNs from the host side (e.g. with the inq utility)?
2. You can make sure that the zoning by checking that is on the correct VSAN, on both the fabrics.
3. Check the switch port for FlogI and whether you can see the Right WWNs.
4. Check the HBA are configured properly at host end
5. Check Proper WWNs are used in zoning and ports are logging fine.
6. Check the IG(Initiator Group ) has been created with right WWNs
7. SPC2 and OS2007 flags should enabled at Initiator (or) IG level(by default the VMAX FA are enabled with these flags .)
8. Check the Devices are in Ready (or) Read_Write state
9. Recheck Masking View again with proper (IG,SG and zoned Port_group ) are used.
Have seen this issue most of the time when they are miscabled.
The servers are new LINUX servers and We have only one brocade DCX switch in each fabric. I can see right WWNs on switch which are logged in. Same FA ports are zoned to other windows & HP servers, they are existing servers.
Since we are using soft zoning WWNs should be login to any one of the director. Can we suspect any compatibility issues?
When I issue 'list logins' commands all other servers WWNs are visible. I will cross check zoning.