Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2017 23:00

Masking View / Storage Group / Common Thin-Devices

Hello,

There are two masking Views named as MV1 and MV2.

--> MV1 contains SG1, IG1 and PG

MV1 and MV2 have two separate storage group named as SG1(in MV1) and SG2(in MV2).

--> SG1 contains dev1, dev2, dev3

These masking views have different initiator groups IG1(in MV1) and IG2 (in MV2).

--> IG1 contains h1, h2, h3

same port group (PG) is added to both the masking views (MV1 & MV2)

Storage groups SG1 and SG2 have few devices(dev1, dev2, dev3) in common. So, dev1, dev2, dev3 are in both the storage groups SG1 & SG2.

What I need to acheive:

--> I need to unmask dev1, dev2, dev3 from h1, h2, h3

--> I dont want disruption or affect to the host access in MV2 in any case. Since these are common devices.

--> If I delete MV1 then would it affect MV2 host and LUN access in case manner ???

--> Should I just remove dev1, dev2, dev3 from SG1 and then delete the SG1 ????

July 7th, 2017 05:00

correct, do not use "unmap" option whenever shared PG involved.

July 4th, 2017 23:00

as long as IG1 and IG2 have distinct hosts with distinct wwns, removing access to MV1 should not affect MV2 hosts even with shared PG.

July 5th, 2017 09:00

so, I can delete the Masking view without unmap option and without any disruption for the same devices mapped onto another hosts in MV2,,,, correct??

Below is the command to delete masking view:

symaccess -sid xxx delete view -name MV1

???

this is the correct command which would not make any disruption ??? both MVs have separate IGs and SGs but 3 devices are same in both SGs......

July 10th, 2017 22:00

Thank you For your support

No Events found!