2 Bronze

Open Replicator - How to find WWN LUN ID

I'm using Open Replicator to migrate off of HDS AMS1000 arrays to VMAX.  While I can use SMC (aka the GUI) to set up the sessions, I'm much more comfortable in the CLI.  Also, using the CLI allows me to pre-script the changes and ensure I have everything correct before I execute.  Where I'm stumbling is in the pairs file contents.  I know the syntax is

symdev=<SID>:<SymDev>   wwn=<?????>

Where I need some help is on the wwn side of things.  I'm not sure how to find the WWN of the LUN.  I can't find it on the AMS anywhere, and I'm not sure what command to use on the Symmetrix to see the available LUNs to create the session with.  I know they exist on the Symm because I can see them in the GUI, but when I try to use the device ID that is shown in the GUI it fails out.  Any help here to determine the WWN LUN ID of the remote array for a hot pull would be appreciated.

FYI, I've already read the tech books and SYMCLI guide.  It was not clear from those, so please don't post to read the manual.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
7 Thorium

Re: Open Replicator - How to find WWN LUN ID

typically you would use "symdev list -sid <SID> -noport" to list devices that are not mapped to any FAs. You can append -FA  and -P to narrow it down to specif FAs/ports. Once you find your devices you can run "symdev show -sid <SID> #device" and grep/find for WWN.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I had a friend get back to me on this and here is the answer.  Use symsan to determine the WWN of the available LUNs for migration.

symsan list -sid <symmetrix id> -sanports -dir <dir> -p <port>

using the output of this, run the following to get the LUN WWN ID

symsan -sid <symmetrix id> list -sanluns -wwn <wwn from above> -dir <dir> -p <port> -detail

Use the LUN WWN column as the WWN ID after the wwn=

Now that the pairs file is properly populated the symrcopy create will work!

0 Kudos
3 Silver

Hi Mc Nally,

You can find the WWN of LUN ID as discussed by other participants...

You can also create Open Replicator Sessions without WWN of LUN ID.

Control symmetrix              Target symmetrix
symdev=<sid>:<device name>   symdev=<sid>:<device name>

I know there is another way of creating the text file for OR sessions

Control symmetrix              Target symmetrix
symdev=<sid>:<device name>   WWN of LUN ID< target device>

Choose which way is better to you.

0 Kudos
3 Silver

Hi,

The below command will give any Lun WWWN.....

symdev -sid XXXX list -wwn & then grep for the specific source and Target Decvice,

0 Kudos