Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2012 15:00

Removing STD-BCV relationship keeping BCV safe

Hi All,

I've been searching for an approach that will remove the BCV/STD relationship.

We are currently using the BCVs as a production database.  They have not been synched with the STD's for over a year, the STDs are unused and unmasked.

In fact, the STDs need to be unbound and their pool drained so I can use the T-DATs in another pool.

Most important is to keep the BCV data safe!

Thanks if you have an answer for me!

-julianne

92 Posts

May 1st, 2012 18:00

They are really clones and have the BCV flag set.  (which was quite an ordeal at the time, due to needing the vraid over-ride setting).

-j

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 1st, 2012 17:00

so you are saying that long long time ago somebody created TimeFinder/Mirror relationship between STD and BCV devices and now you want to dissolve that relationship.  A couple of questions:

1) why are you running on BCVs and not on STD

2) are BCV protected (are they 2-way Mirror BCV, RAID-5 BCV ?)

STD<>BCV relationship can be easily cancelled while preserving data on both ."symmir -cancel" ..but before you go down that road it's good to understand why it was setup this way in the first place

92 Posts

1.) BCV is running the symmir copy of the original database that was on the STDs we want to dissolve.  The original database that was running on the STDs was migrated to a new set of STDs in another thin pool.

2.) BCVs are RAID6

Good questions.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

ok, so these are really clones. Do they actually have the BCV flag set or you just dediced to call them BCV ?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 1st, 2012 18:00

ok, "symmir -cancel" should cancel timefinder relationship, data stays intact.

No Events found!