Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2016 01:00

Storage Provisioning & SRDF/A Full Steps from a New VMAX Frame

Hi Experts,

I would like to know the full storage provisioning steps from a fresh raw vmax box.

It should include the steps like uploading .BIN file, creating hypers, data devs, tdevs, creating tiers & srdf steps from the very start (e.g. from a Raw VMAX Frame).

I want the steps in Ordered way with Commands. It would be really helpful if you guys can help me out with this.

Regards

Neesha

1.2K Posts

August 15th, 2016 11:00

Based on your recent posts, it looks like you're starting a new job as a storage admin.

When it comes to VMAX, however, you will not build your own .BIN file.  This file is created exclusively by EMC Support when the array is first delivered and setup by your local System Engineer.  Over time, as you add new dirk groups and/or tiers, EMC Support is engaged to modify and update the .BIN file, often in conjunction with activity from your local SE.

If you're looking to know more about VMAX, you'll want to have a look at the VMAX-Family Documentation set (VMAX 10K, 20K and 40K).  This is an aggregation of the manuals for the original VMAX family arrays.  If you're looking for VMAX 100K, 200K, etc., you can find that documentation set as well.

Once you've had a chance to review the documentation, create a new thread with your questions - you'll be sure to get an answer here.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

No Events found!