Highlighted
2 Bronze

Suddenly one existing LUN is showing as RAW disk in Windows

Today we have reclaimed one LUN from Windows Server after which another existing LUN is showing as RAW disk in Windows

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Suddenly one existing LUN is showing as RAW disk in Windows

Is this disk part of  a cluster ?

Mohammed Salem @yankoora

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Yes DISK was part of the Cluster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Could you please elaborate more about your reclaim process? may be the partition table information from the disk have gone wrong?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I've reclaimed one LUN from the Sever after which another existing LUN was showing as RAW disk though they are not related to each other.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

2 possible things may lead to this issue, Either partition table is corrupted or there is problem with the reservation on the disk (I have seen the latter many times in w2k12). The latter is easy to resolve using Cluster.exe node clearpr:<disk#> (for 2012, you can use the equivalent Powershell command as cluster.exe is deprecated) but obviously you will see a disk error in cluster GUI if you have  a problem with reservation.

For Partition table, MS will be the best to help you on this. They will restore the partition table using their tools (like diskprobe.exe )

I cannot tell exactly the root cause of the issue from what you said, My recommendations is to run EMCreports on the server and open a case with EMC support for further investigation.

You can download EMCReports from this link:  ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/Windows/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for your views. I'll open a case with EMC and check that out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi,

Did you get to the bottom of this problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos