Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2013 01:00

Unisphere VMAX Port Group dashboard

hello,

is there a way to add a dashboard in VMAX unisphere Performance to see quickly the perf stats on Port Group ?

in SPA 2.2... it was possible with snapshot/trend vu to go on PG and to have quickly the ios + mbs + SG repartition... (see capture screen)

with last version of VMAX unisphere 1.6.1.4, EMC add dashboard called "EMC summary dashboard" which is realy good idea, but still missing information of Port Group.

regards, laurent.

here vu of SPA 2.2...

July 28th, 2014 14:00

Replying to hopefully bump this back on the radar.  I, too, would like to see some port group-based dashboards as troubleshooting using only individual FAs is tedious at best.

53 Posts

July 29th, 2014 14:00

I tried to check this and you are correct, we do not seem to have what SPA used to, in Unisphere. Can I request both to kindly raise an enhancement request so that this can be brought to engineering's notice?

You can do so by going to http://powerlink.emc.com/ and navigating to Home > Support > Request Support > Request a Product Enhancement.
Thanks!
Roshan Raju.

July 29th, 2014 14:00

Hi Roshan,

Thanks! I submitted an enhancement request this afternoon. Will I hear back from engineering regarding the request?

--Chris

53 Posts

July 29th, 2014 15:00

Hello Chis,

Thanks for that. I would not be able to assure you that and also not the right person to answer that. But I do know that there is a team that monitors all the enhancement requests and these requests are weighed in by engineering depending on various factors (product design change/cost/effort, etc).

I have seen one of my requests going through and saw the feature added in 1.6 of Unisphere for VMAX . So there is a good chance of it coming through.

I can also request you to bring this to the notice of your local EMC team as they can also request engineering via internal EMC channels.
Hope it helps!

Regards,

Roshan Raju.

18 Posts

August 13th, 2014 14:00

I submitted an enhancement request as well.

Don T

November 25th, 2014 05:00

Bob Rankin with EMC contacted me regarding this request, we went over what I felt was missing and sent him a link to this thread.  From our discussion, it sounds like the feature could be added fairly easily.  Let's hope that is the case!

18 Posts

November 26th, 2014 05:00

In the meantime I've been using the following command and just doing the math on a spreadsheet.

symstat -type PORT -dir all -i 30 -c 6

419 Posts

November 28th, 2014 04:00

Port Group Dashboard is back in Unisphere 8.0.1. available in the next week or so,..  you will be able to schedule a report to run with this and email it or save it off automatically.. 

Hope this helps

No Events found!