This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 20th, 2017 07:00

Unisphere for VMAX installation issues

UNIVMAX_V8.3.0.6_WINDOWS_X86_64

Error message Received during install:

CST Configuration Error. Installation will be aborted

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.Version).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

java.lang.Exception: CST initialization failed: Opening the Lockbox failed because of inconsistent policy settings between the Lockbox library and the Lockbox file.

at com.emc.em.common.security.cst.AMSCallback.initCST(AMSCallback.java:338)

at com.emcem.common.security.cstAMSCallbackBase.mainlmpl(AMSCallbackBase.java:480)

at com.emc.em.common.security.cst.AMSCallback.main(AMSCallback.java:85)

at com.emc.em.common.security.cst.AMSCallbackMain.main(AMSCallbackMain.java:10)

Does anyone have any insight on what to do here. I have a good idea, I am just looking for confirmation before applying any changes to my server.

31 Posts

April 24th, 2017 10:00

So the issue has been identified. EMC support spent a day troubleshooting with me, I called in and had it re-qued this morning and Nicholas Owens knew exactly what to do. Implementing a shorter install path worked right away.

Thank you EMC support Owen, Nicholas

From the latest logs, it appears the issue is caused by the Windows short names not translating correctly after 7 characters - this only occurs on non-default install directories.

Here is the log evidence, we can see that it is not recognizing anything after the 7th character in 'Program Files':

2017-04-21 12:46:04,322 INFO  [com.emc.em.deployer.ServerManagerService] (EJB default - 1) ServerManagerService.getLine(): 'F:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
2017-04-21 12:46:04,322 INFO  [com.emc.em.deployer.ServerManagerService] (EJB default - 1) ServerManagerService.getLine(): operable program or batch file.

You will need to uninstall the current instance of Unisphere for VMAX, and install it to a new directory (under 7 characters) - example: F:\EMC\

31 Posts

April 21st, 2017 06:00

I was able to get the install to complete successfully, however I still cannot connect. I am working with EMC support to troubleshoot. Does anyone know if there are any firewall rules or configs that have to be done to the server to allow the connection to happen? When double clicking the icon on the server or navigating to the https:\\Hostname:8443 it does not connect. There has to be something really simple I am missing to get it connected.

31 Posts

April 24th, 2017 06:00

The error messages above were because I was not applying the remote server address during install. I have since resolved that and install was successful. I have tried multiple uninstall reinstall scenarios, Combed through the firewall rules and services. Does any one have any insight on what might need to be done to get Unisphere for VMAX working on a 2012 R2 server? Is there anything special that has to be done aside from running the installation install anywhere???

April 26th, 2017 11:00

Wow,

It's pretty sad that in 2017,  software programs can't deal a space character in Program Files or short names.  I thought most of these problems were worked out in the 1990s.  And this is for a product that is Enterprise Level.

Rideout421,  I'm glad you were able to get the problem identified by someone at EMC and had a work around solution.

31 Posts

April 27th, 2017 06:00

It all depends on who you get, one person took a few days reviewing EMC reports and another Nicholas knew as soon as he took the case from the re-que.

All setup now and working

No Events found!