Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2017 00:00

VMAX REST API - query to check system/hardware health

Hello,

Iam exploring REST API for VMAX.

Could anyone share what will the be query to check overall system/hardware health of the Array?

Or even individual components for back end, front end etc?

Thanks.

March 20th, 2017 02:00

Hi Bhaven

in regards to system health we don't have a specific call to return the information. We are looking to make improvements in this area and these will be included in our 8.4 May release.

you do have the ability to check alerts under restapi/system/symmetrix/012345678/alert but I'm not certain this helps you here.

Regards

Finbarr.

March 20th, 2017 07:00

Hi Finbarr,

Thanks for the info. Yes, health information (hardware component health - similar to what is being displayed in unisphere console) will really be helpful.

Is the Beta code for version 8.4 available to test?  If not, may you share expected timeline for Beta?

March 21st, 2017 02:00

Hi Bhaven,

sure you can sign up for it in 5 minutes here

http://vmax-hol.lss.emc.com

Regards

Finbarr.

1 Message

July 8th, 2019 06:00

Hello.

@finbarrcorksac wrote:

We are looking to make improvements in this area and these will be included in our 8.4 May release.

We are running 9.0.2.10 version and I cannot find any HW component health REST API queries.

Could you please advise, is it added in actual releases?

Thank you.

July 11th, 2019 02:00

Hi, in REST we can use the following call univmax/restapi/90/system/symmetrix/000xxx/health this will return the system health score, for more information see below or check the online help for greater detail. The System Health dashboard provides a single place from which you can quickly determine the health of the system. The System Health panel displays values for the following high level health or performance metrics: Configuration, Capacity, System Utilization, Storage Group (SG) response time and Service Level Compliance. It also displays an overall health score based on the lowest health score out of the five metrics. These five categories are for storage systems running HYPERMAX OS 5977 or higher. For storage systems running Enginuity OS 5876, the health score is based on four categories: Configuration, Capacity, System Utilization, and storage group (SG) response time. The health score is calculated every five minutes. The overall value is always calculated from all metric values. If a health score category is seen as stale or unknown then the overall health score is not updated. The previously calculated overall health score is displayed but its value is denoted as stale by setting the menu item to grey.

13 Posts

August 29th, 2019 20:00

Which version does this apply to? My VMAX is v8.4.0.15 and I don't see this in the docs. I tried it directly and it doesn't work

September 23rd, 2019 01:00

you will need Unisphere 9.0

No Events found!