Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

March 5th, 2019 11:00

eNAS issue with deleting FS

Hello,

I have a problem with eNAS. Due to wrong manipulation with storage groups on VMAX, storage group of one of the NAS pools have been removed and deleted, the volume in this SG however remained intact. The operation caused data mover server_2 panick, which luckily went back online afterwards.

The pool had configured VDM and a filesystem. The VDM was in a mounted state (i.e. uloaded).

I have recreated provisioned storage for file from scratch and put the volume into the newly created storage group. BUt the VDM would not load.

So I decided to delete everything (pool, VDM and fs) and create everything anew (fs is empty, so no data loss).

So main question , where should I start? I tried deleting FS, but two errors appear 1. FS is used by server_2 2. VDM is out of service. EMC support deleting the pool first, but I'm not sure if it's the right way as usually we need first to remove FS, VDM and only then the pool

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

March 7th, 2019 05:00

I see. We've contacted the support already. Original config of the data mover? Would this lead to all export being lost/downtime for shares?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 7th, 2019 05:00

If this were a physical VNX/Celerra you would be looking and complete re-image of datamovers.  I would let EMC take you back to original config so you know going forward you don't have any issues lurking around.

No Events found!