Start a Conversation

Unsolved

8 Posts

July 17th, 2018 03:00

kapil.chitkara@gmail.com

I wanted to configure enas on vmax3 all flash array.Looking forward for a document around it.

8 Posts

July 21st, 2018 12:00

Do you something on creation of NAS pools

8 Posts

July 21st, 2018 12:00

Thanks this document is very helpful

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 25th, 2018 01:00

Hi Kapilchi, in order to create a new nas_pool, you need to use the "Provision Storage For File" wizard.

Go to the File Dashboard:

8.4 - System - Sytstem Dashboard - File Dashboard

9.0 - System - File

Once you click on "Provision Storage for File" you will be brought through a wizard, which basically creates a masking view, but defaults to the eNAS IG & PG.

Once this is complete, launch UniSphere for VNX (available from the same file dashboard) and when you get logged in, run "Rescan Storage System" from the Storage tab. You will then see a new nas_pool, with the same name as the one you gave to the SG you created during the "Provision Storage for File" wizard.

You will also find a lot more info in this doc, I hope you find it useful. I put it together, so if you are stuck for anything, just ping me and we can figure out how to help you.

https://www.emc.com/collateral/white-paper/h15188-emc-vmax3-vmax-all-flash-enas-best-practices.pdf

A few other good docs below also:

https://www.emc.com/collateral/technical-documentation/h13904-vmax3-embedded-nas-technical-note.pdf

https://www.emc.com/collateral/white-papers/h14241-vmax3-enas-deployment-microsoft-sql-server-wp.pdf

Best of luck, and regards,

Rob

8 Posts

July 27th, 2018 10:00

thanks alot for your help.I will ping you on Monday if i am not able to fix replication over vdm ( esp for nfs)

8 Posts

July 28th, 2018 03:00

Thanks again,can you also share a document or command around HA & DR testing ( say control station fail over / failback , Data mover fail over / failback and some cases related to DR i.e. vdm failover / failback

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 31st, 2018 06:00

Hi Kapil,

Control Station failover will not initiate any vdm failover, nor will a local DM failover for that matter.

If you want to initiate a vdm failover, you could bring down the interface of the vdm on the primary site

server_ifconfig down

This will bring down the interface on the source side, and eNAS will wait, I think it is 2 minutes to see if there is a local failover initiated, (there wont be) and then FAR will start a failover to the remote side.

Obviously do not run these tests in a production environment.

FOR cifs CA, you need to set params at BOTH mount & export

server_mount -o smbca

server_export vdm_xx -P cifs -name xx -option type=Global:CA

8 Posts

August 1st, 2018 19:00

Thanks, i will be running test cases tomorrow and update status here..These enas boxes are not in production yet

8 Posts

August 8th, 2018 17:00

Guys, i am stuck with replication..When i am trying to ping source control station ip from source data mover it is not working and validation between source dm to destination dm is also failing...As per network and firewall team everything seems to be ok...Not sure if this require static route or something...

Note: In this case i am using nas_replicate feature not FAR as we don't have SRDF license

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 13th, 2018 03:00

Hi, have you created an interface on the DM, on the same subnet, that your control station ip is on?

Similarly, have you got an interface from the same subnet on both DM's?

Can you share the output of the below command from both sides please:

server_ifconfig server_x -all

(obviously replace the x in server_x, with the data mover you are working on, ie server_2)

8 Posts

August 13th, 2018 08:00

My control station and datamover are part of different subnet but as per network team all vlan have trust so they should communicate to each other.

Not sure if I have to make changes on Cisco nexus which is part of this converged vblock

No Events found!