8 Krypton

Re: Disk Array Layout

Jump to solution

DAE on Clariion is connected to one bus on SPA and one bus on SPB,  so even iif you have two disk in the same DAE, they are available to both buses. 

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

jingyi wrote:

Keep in mind pool is also comprised of multiple Raid Groups. If you lose 2 disks in the same raid group, you will face Data Unavailable.

and if you put your raid group members in different DAEs and you have mutlipe drive failures in your RG you won't exprience DU ?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

jingyi wrote:

Keep in mind pool is also comprised of multiple Raid Groups.

well aware of private RG, do you think they are spread over multiple DAEs. No

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

dynamox wrote:

jingyi wrote:

Keep in mind pool is also comprised of multiple Raid Groups. If you lose 2 disks in the same raid group, you will face Data Unavailable.

and if you put your raid group members in different DAEs and you have mutlipe drive failures in your RG you won't exprience DU ?

What I'm saying is if you spread disks of one raid group to multiple buses, you won't experience DU if you lose the whole DAE. Other than that, I agree with you.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

ok, we are in agreement   then. I can see losing one LCC but two at the same ..must be some really really bad luck.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

dynamox wrote:

DAE on Clariion is connected to one bus on SPA and one bus on SPB,  so even iif you have two disk in the same DAE, they are available to both buses.

isn't a given DAE talk/attach to only a single bus? if the DAE itself is available to multiple buses where is the need to distribute buses comes from ! i did not follow the significance of brining up "SP" here..

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

SKT wrote:

isn't a given DAE talk/attach to only a single bus? if the DAE itself is available to multiple buses where is the need to distribute buses comes from ! i did not follow the significance of brining up "SP" here..

single bus on each SP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

SKT wrote:

dynamox wrote:

A given DAE is attached to a single bus, this bus can be accessed from LCCA for SPA or accessed from LCCB from SPB. We are discussing about distribute a RAID group to multiple Buses, Then SPA or SPB can benefit from aggregate bandwidth from multiple buses.