Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2012 09:00

Error connecting vnxe to VSI

I installed the Unisphere and Navisphere CLI packages as well as the plugin, all seems to go well until i tried to add my vnxe to the unified storage management. 

Error:  Unable to connect to the UEM CLI, check the IP address (which has been verified as the management IP)

Did I need to do something on the vnx side to make this work?

TIA

225 Posts

June 5th, 2012 18:00

hmmm, I'm looking at it, let's see anything get back to you

225 Posts

June 6th, 2012 00:00

Is there firewall blocking IP package between your vCentre and storage SP?

Or you could attach your log message of this error, will try to find someone to look at it.

44 Posts

June 6th, 2012 02:00

This error is thrown because vnxe is not responding. So typically it should be a network issue.

Please double confirm that the management ip is accessible.

Meanwhile, could you please try to use uemcli directly following the steps outlined below to see if it gets a response:

1. Open cmd prompt window.

2. In cmd window, cd to the directory where your uemcli is installed (you can skip this step if you already set the windows PATH variable properly).

3. Input the following cmd :

uemcli -d {mgmt_ip}  -u {username} -p {pwd} -sslPolicy accept /sys/soft/ver -type installed show

In this command, please replace {mgmt_ip}/{username}/{pwd} with the corresponding info shown below:

{mgmt_ip} - the management ip of your VNXe

{username} - the name of the user for your VNXe system

{pwd} - the password of the user

Please paste the response of the command you get, then we can do further analysis based on your input, thanks!

161 Posts

June 10th, 2012 23:00

TIA,

Could you have a chance following Zack's instructions to check outputs again. He is from VSI experts team.

If needed any other help, we are glad to assist it.  

3 Posts

June 11th, 2012 03:00

i have verified that there is no network routing or firewall issue preventing the vcenter from communicating with the management IP of the vnxe.  I ran the following cmd:     uemcli -d {mgmt_ip}  -u {username} -p {pwd} -sslPolicy accept /sys/soft/ver -type installed show and the result was:

Storage system address: 10.x.x.x
Storage system port: 443
HTTPS connection

Operation failed. Error code: 0x100000a
The system was unable to connect to the storage server. (Error Code:0x100000a)

I am able to establish a connection to the storage system address over port 443 however. 

44 Posts

June 11th, 2012 22:00

This is odd, as the error you're recieving is designed to be returned when the ip is not connectable.

I have personally encountered the exact same problem, for my case it eventually turned out that the management ip for the vnxe has been changed.

So are you able to log on to unisphere GUI by typing the management ip into the address bar of your browser? Can you see the following GUI:

EMC_Unisphere.jpg

3 Posts

June 12th, 2012 05:00

Yes,  I can get to the GUI and am able to assign storage to hosts etc.  You mention that in your case the management IP had been changed.  That is the case here as well, durin the initial install the management IP was input incorrectly so it had to be changed.  Is there more than one reference to the old IP in the system configuration somewhere that may be the issue?

161 Posts

June 18th, 2012 01:00

As you guys talked so far, it seems that possibility of issues in VSI is cleared. Since the vnxe management ip is not connectable when directly using uemcli. We maybe need more help from uemcli/vxne team to assist on it.  

13 Posts

November 29th, 2016 14:00

Did anyone here eventually find a fix for this?

I can't seem to get any historical performance metrics on the following queries:

"/metrics/value/hist -path sp.*.net.device.*.bytesInRate show -interval 60 -count 1",

"/metrics/value/hist -path sp.*.net.device.*.bytesOutRate show -interval 60 -count 1",

"/metrics/value/hist -path sp.*.net.device.*.pktsInRate show -interval 60 -count 1",

"/metrics/value/hist -path sp.*.net.device.*.pktsOutRate show -interval 60 -count 1"

Experiencing same error code:

Timestamp           |SP        |device          |Network  

|          |                |Out      

|          |                |Pkts/s   

--------------------+----------+----------------+----------

Operation failed. Error code: 0x100000a

The system was unable to connect to the storage server. (Error Code:0x100000a)

No Events found!