Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2012 18:00

Get replication status from VI Client

Hi, I am new to this forum and relatively new to storage. I was wondering, is there a way fromVI Client (vmware) to find the R1-R2 mapping and also the replication status. We have a VMAX array between 2 datacenters. At times, there is link issue OR the storage guys keep the replication adaptive and not sync this causes issues in SRM.

It would be nice if there is a plugin, that we can connect to SYMAPI Server and query and get the results.

Can someone please help out here.

Thanks

161 Posts

April 17th, 2012 19:00

Never encounter the issues before. I will do some research and come back to you.

199 Posts

April 17th, 2012 22:00

Hi EMC has developed VSI to help VMware monitor and manage Symmetrix and unified array. It's quite easy to manage EMC storage with this plugin. I am checking with development team to see if SRDF monitoring is supported and will get back to you shortly. You can check the VSI product in powerlink.emc.com for more information.

199 Posts

April 18th, 2012 00:00

Hi, I got the following information from engineering team.

EMC has a plug-in named VSI Symmetrix SRA Utility, which is used to help users to efficiently manage vCenter SRM configurations in SRDF environment with diagnostic tools, you can configure SRDF Adapter options and monitor R1-R2 mapping from VI Client (vmware). The screenshot of this plugin is show below, you can see the corresponding SRDF information there, such as SRDF State, SRDF Mode, Replica Device, etc. May be it is what you need.

Capture.PNG

Please also check Symmetrix SRA Utility Product Guide v5.2 and Symmetrix SRA Utility RN v5.2 from powerlink for more information.

286 Posts

April 18th, 2012 09:00

No Events found!