Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2011 18:00

Powershell scripts for VPlex performance monitoring

This post contains scripts that allow you to monitor EMC VPlex clusters with powershell.  There are examples and parameters contained in the powershell script that give good examples of how to run the scripts.  As well, see the attached screenshots which give examples as well.

As a side note, there is a REST function within the powershell script that can be reused to implement any available REST call from the API documentation.

4 Attachments

1 Message

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Thanks for the excellent post! I am trying to get a cluster configdump from VPlex using the REST API. I am using PowerShell v3.0 which simplifies making web requests with the Invoke-RestMethod command. Here is what I am trying to do:
$header = @{'Username' = $username; 'Password' = $password}
$result = Invoke-RestMethod 'https://7.32.212.40/vplex/cluster+configdump' -Headers $header -Method Post -Body '{ "args" : "-c cluster1"}'
I get back error 524 from the server. Other commands such as "ls" work fine with arguments. Not sure what the problem is. I just want to get the configdump via REST. It does not matter whether I use Invoke-RestMethod or WebClient. Can you please help?
Thanks!

16 Posts

November 24th, 2013 04:00

soooooo cool !

16 Posts

November 24th, 2013 04:00

C# code

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback= ValidateServerCertificate;

Uriaddress = newUri("https://IP/vplex/cluster configdump");

HttpWebRequestrequest = HttpWebRequest.Create(address) asHttpWebRequest;

//request.Headers.Add("Content-Type","application/json");

request.Headers.Add("username", "service");

request.Headers.Add("password", "Pass");

//stringparamData = "{\"args\":\"cluster configdump\"}";

stringparamData = "{\"args\":\"-ccluster-1\"}"; ;           

request.Credentials = newNetworkCredential("service", "Pass");

request.Method = "POST";         

Encodingencoding = Encoding.UTF8;           

byte[]postData = encoding.GetBytes(paramData);

request.ContentLength =postData.Length;

StreamrequestStream = request.GetRequestStream();

requestStream.Write(postData, 0,postData.Length);

using(HttpWebResponse response =request.GetResponse() asHttpWebResponse)

{

StreamReaderreader = newStreamReader(response.GetResponseStream());

Response.Write(reader.ReadToEnd());

Response.End();

}

1 Message

March 17th, 2014 09:00

nice script!

February 4th, 2015 23:00

Nice script but I find a better way ... maybe :-)

Use RestAPI and try to connect to SRM DataBase directly or, moreover, user SNMP !!

for example "snmpwalk -v2c -c public "IP" 1.3.6.1.4.1.1139.21.2.2.4.1.5 (OID MIB are online or on the vplex )

Try, it's very good and simple !

After then, You can put the data in a mysql DB and make a "own" graph, with Zabbix for example

bye

No Events found!