Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2012 01:00

SRDF Adapterfor VMware SRM, SRA Version: 5.0.0.7 test failover question

Dear Experts

Our customer  with 2 VMAXs and SRFD/S plans to implement VMware SRM, using SRDF Adapter for VMware Site Recovery Manager, SRA Version: 5.0.0.7 .

Customer does not have (nor wants to purchase) TimeFinder Clone or Snap in the DR site.

He wants to do a test failover just using split of R1/R2, something which was supported in the previous version of SRA (2.2.0) and it is not currently supported in v 5 ("The global option TestFailoverWithoutLocalSnapshots is not supported in the current release of the SRDF Adapter." - page 6 of P/N 300-012-577).

Can you tell me when/if we expect to have support for this option in SRDF SRA future release and when

(I suppose that if this is supported customer can do what he wants, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks in advance

Kostas

PS. I opened a SFDC case in TSSO, but the answer I got is to open a Product Enhancement Request. From the wording of the SRA Release Notes I see that it is a feature currently disabled (since the parameter exists) and would be enabled in t a future release.

286 Posts

January 31st, 2012 08:00

This feature is planned for an upcoming release.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 31st, 2012 23:00

Thanks Cody for your reply.

Do you know the schedule for this?

If yes is it “announce-able” to the customer?

Regards

Kostas

No Events found!