Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2011 21:00

Setting up Brocade and CX3-10 EMC SAN for VMware

We have an existing Dell/EMC CX3-10  SAN environment that utilizes a Brocade Fibre switch that has been in place and  working fine for a couple of years now. We have decided to move many of our App,  Web, and management servers to a virtualization, ESXi VMWare 4.1. I’m needing to  find information on best practices for setting up the storage environment for  VMware, zoning, setting up the LUNs, etc so that I can set this up right the  first time. I do have the necessary available ports in the Fibre switch, along  with the necessary licensing, as well as more than 6Tb disk space in the SAN for  this project. We purchased 3 Dell R710 servers with dual Qlogic 2460 4GB Optical  Fiber Channel HBAs in each.

If anyone has any suggestion, thoughts, post,  blogs, white papers or whatever would be great. I do have some experience  working within the storage environment but I’m not guru so I’d be grateful  for anything.

Thanks,
Bob

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 1st, 2011 21:00

18 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 06:00

just as a side note... If you plan to use the infrastructure in a production environment a dual san fabric (two fc switches) would be reccomended

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2011 06:00

Thanks!  I'll check it out..

Bob

No Events found!