Highlighted
sthulin
3 Argentium

Re: VMworld 2013 Community Discussion

H,

There are 3 main view points that lend itself well to pictures of the Golden Gate.  The photo you posted is from a tourist stop just after you cross over the bridge.  I took a similar photo as well from there.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

There is also a set of hills off to the side where you can be up above the top high of the bridge and look down as seen in this photo:

Oracle%2520OpenWorld%2520-%2520Day%25200%2520313.jpg

And the photo in question that was several posts back was taken from the top of Coit Tower.  Here is a map showing the 3 photo locations.

Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.12.15 AM copy.png

ble1
6 Indium

It is quite huge... a bit bigger than the ones I used to see in practice.

Highlighted
ble1
6 Indium

Thanks Sean!  I can see now why so many people would like to have EW to be held in SF   Of course, there is more than bridge, but bridge is certainly iconic place.

Highlighted
jeff_browning
3 Argentium

Yes, that is a radio / television tower. It's visible from many points in the "The City", as locals tend to call San Francisco. For fun, I Photoshopped out that structure. See below for that. Enjoy!GoldenGate2.jpg

Highlighted
jeff_browning
3 Argentium

Beats the *&^% out of Las Vegas in my opinion. Vegas is cheaper, though. That's probably why we keep going there. I will admit that I do like the Venetian / Palazzo.

Highlighted
RRR
5 Osmium

well, when I was there that hill wasn't crowded at all. Just 1 other tourist and he took the picture of me with bridge and city. Maybe it's a bit more crowded now, but I doubt that.

Highlighted
ble1
6 Indium

Rob, you were on the wrong hill

Highlighted
RRR
5 Osmium

Sure

Highlighted
Jim_Hegner
3 Argentium

Hope they soon move EMC World out of Vegas, 4 years in a row is more than enough

Highlighted
SjurAndre
1 Copper

Really nice pictures, even with filtering