sthulin
3 Argentium

Re: VMworld 2013 Community Discussion

H,

There are 3 main view points that lend itself well to pictures of the Golden Gate.  The photo you posted is from a tourist stop just after you cross over the bridge.  I took a similar photo as well from there.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

There is also a set of hills off to the side where you can be up above the top high of the bridge and look down as seen in this photo:

Oracle%2520OpenWorld%2520-%2520Day%25200%2520313.jpg

And the photo in question that was several posts back was taken from the top of Coit Tower.  Here is a map showing the 3 photo locations.

Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.12.15 AM copy.png

ble1
6 Indium

It is quite huge... a bit bigger than the ones I used to see in practice.

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Thanks Sean!  I can see now why so many people would like to have EW to be held in SF   Of course, there is more than bridge, but bridge is certainly iconic place.

0 Kudos
jeff_browning
3 Argentium

Yes, that is a radio / television tower. It's visible from many points in the "The City", as locals tend to call San Francisco. For fun, I Photoshopped out that structure. See below for that. Enjoy!GoldenGate2.jpg

jeff_browning
3 Argentium

Beats the *&^% out of Las Vegas in my opinion. Vegas is cheaper, though. That's probably why we keep going there. I will admit that I do like the Venetian / Palazzo.

0 Kudos
RRR
5 Osmium

well, when I was there that hill wasn't crowded at all. Just 1 other tourist and he took the picture of me with bridge and city. Maybe it's a bit more crowded now, but I doubt that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ble1
6 Indium

Rob, you were on the wrong hill

0 Kudos
RRR
5 Osmium

Sure

0 Kudos
Jim_Hegner
3 Argentium

Hope they soon move EMC World out of Vegas, 4 years in a row is more than enough

0 Kudos
SjurAndre
1 Copper

Really nice pictures, even with filtering

0 Kudos