Highlighted

VSI 6.1 on VSphere Web Clien 5.5

Jump to solution

I installed the .ova provided by EMC yesterday and everything seemed to go smoothly.  When I went to the Admin page though, "Service Info" field was blank and I am unable to register with my Vcenter.  I read through the documentation provided, but I did not see any steps that I am missing.  This is on a closed network with no Inter net access.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Chris Priester

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pete2c
2 Iron

Re: VSI 6.1 on VSphere Web Clien 5.5

Jump to solution

FYI - a hotfix has been created for this issue and the fix will be released in the next VSI version.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
WorldPolice
2 Iron

Jump to solution

The deployment is straightforward so I can't see you missing any steps.  If you have not already, I would try rebooting the vApp and if that doesn't resolve it, redeploy it.  I have not seen this particular issue, however.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response.  I have deployed several times and even download the .ova twice thinking it was a corrupt download.  Attached are some screenshots of what I am seeing.  When I go to the Register VSI Plugin tab, all of the options are grayed out.register.JPG.jpgService Info.JPG.jpg

0 Kudos
WorldPolice
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Chris if you can go to the Show Log and run "Submit" and send me the contents off-list:   drew.tonnesen@emc.com

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Something is obviously messed up.  When I click submit, it just sits there and spins.  Nothing is being retrieved.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Do you happen to know the default user/password to log into the actual VM.

0 Kudos
pete2c
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Was anything changed under "Manage Users"?  If you click there, do you see any users other than 'admin'?  If you can get there please send a screenshot.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

When I go to the manage Users tab, there is nothing listed, not even "admin"

0 Kudos
pete2c
2 Iron

Jump to solution

You can also get the logs by doing the following, from the VSI 6.1 Product Guide on pages 68,69.  The guide is available here - https://support.emc.com/docu52909_VSI_for_VMware_vSphere_Web_Client_6.1_Product_Guide.pdf?language=e...

0 Kudos
pete2c
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Is there an option to add the 'admin' user?

0 Kudos