The error you're seeing is due to the fact that you have some storage volumes (LUNs on back-end arrays) that are not visible to all directors. Typically, this is an indication of zoning problems (the VPLEX directors aren't zoned to the back-end array storage processors) or LUN presentation problems (the LUNs aren't presented to all VPLEX directors). Before you can continue with the configuration of the VPLEX, you first have to ensure that all storage volumes are visible to all VPLEX directors. Double-check your zoning and double-check the LUN presentation to verify that all VPLEX directors have visibility to the storage processors on the back-end array(s) and that LUNs are presented to all VPLEX directors.
I don't have access to the VPLEX CLI right at the moment, but if you do an "ll" on the storage-volumes context to see all the storage volumes, I believe it will uindicate which storage volumes don't have access from all VPLEX directors.
i had the same issue with release 5.1 .pretty old but that's what i was asked to installed.
I successfully re-imaged one of our Vplex systems with Code: 5.1.0.00.00.11
EZ setup has been completed successfully as well.
After configuring all the zones and verifying in the storage that all BE ports are mapped through at least 2 ports from each director each, I went back to the Vplex to run: configuration continue-system-setup
However, I kept getting this error:
Error validating back-end: This cluster has storage-volumes that cannot be accessed by dual paths.
configuration continue-system-setup: Evaluation of <<configuration continue-system-setup>> failed.
cause: Command execution failed.
cause: This cluster has storage-volumes that cannot be accessed by dual paths.
Because of that I couldn't proceed to the Meta volume configuration.
I tried everything.
Rediscovering the array, deleting and recreating all zones and and all luns. Still…nothing.
When I executed the command: ll /clusters/*/storage-elements/storage-arrays/
I got connectivity error issue
That was frustrating like hell.
Zoning were perfect. i even deleted and recreated them carefully. so it was according to Best Practice.
Finally, as an act of desperation I manually trespassed the 2 Meta Volumes i've created on the storage between the SPs.
that seemed to help, and the error on the connectivity was gone, and Meta volumes became identified by the Vplex.