Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2013 13:00

0x720e & 0x7211 Event Codes

Is there anyone familiar with how to clear these errors from the VNX Unisphere alert log?

September 1st, 2013 15:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time. 

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "VNX Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

I will of course assume that you reviewed the alerts themselves and have reacted to them appropriately and are now looking to clear them from the dashboard within Unisphere.  Can I assume that you already did a right-click and Delete?

There are several alerts that even with the proper permissions that the system won't let you clear from Unisphere (Delete will be greyed out).  They would only clear if you resolved the actual issue they are referring to.

10 Posts

September 2nd, 2013 06:00

Thanks,

Hamilton A. Murray

Storage Infrastructure Engineer

MIDRANGE ENGINEERING

American Express

Office: 602-537-1732 | Cell: 210-834-4334

Email: Hamilton.a.murray@aexp.com

The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength in distress, and grow

brave in reflection. Thomas Paine

1 Attachment

812 Posts

September 6th, 2013 04:00

I believe you are receiving 720e messages on server reboots, if not you will have to take this seriously and check for any issue in connectivity.

10 Posts

September 6th, 2013 07:00

I will looking the server reboots, hopefully it is that simple.

1.4K Posts

September 8th, 2013 23:00

for 0x7211 -> emc249490, It is the customer's responsibility to register initiators. This event may happen if the customer adds new initiators that are not registered yet and should only be visible to the customer as a "needs attention" event  and not as a dial-home event.

for 0x720e -> emc220396, this means physical fiber channel or iSCSI connection loss. You should take a look at server/switch side to determine if there was any server shutdown/reboot or switch link issue.

10 Posts

September 9th, 2013 08:00

Steve, thank you for your reply. I will looking the into both EMC cases.

No Events found!