Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2010 08:00

CIFS and celerra replicator (V2) using VDM?

On my new Celerra ns-120, i plan to have a large CIFS file system (around 6TB) which will be replicated to another nds-120 offsite for DR purposes. The second ns-120 will only be used in case of major disaster.  Users would access it by remoting into our network most likley.  We would have time to redirect drive mappings to new shares and so forth.  we would not require immediate access.

In this scenario, are there are the advantages to using a vdm instead of just using server_2?  Would it be easier to make my cifs shares available after disaster by using a vdm and replicating it (in addition to the file system)?

Thanks.

223 Posts

July 8th, 2010 06:00

Hi,

I would recommend to create any CIFS server on a vdm. In case of vdm you can replicate the complete CIFS server (local groups, shares, security credentials, audit logs, home dir information, kerberos) and shares on the second site.

So you don´t need to make any new network settings in the case of a failover, so you have to failover the cdm nad the including file system. The only thing you need is dynamic DNS so that the different IPs are poniting to the same server name.

No Events found!