Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2017 13:00

Cannnot connect to VNX with this JAVA Error

This has been an error that has been around a very long time, at once point I was able to resolve this by using Firefox but now some of the Java plugins are no longer available.

I opened a ticket with EMC and Mozilla and I have thoroughly tried several things and researched it quire though today, but I am running out of ideas for the solution.

Here are the details

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Recommended to use Firefox per EMC documents (was able to select Medium under security and also added the exceptions for the sites to connect to.

Using 32 bit of Mozilla Firefox.  (Exceptions added to Mozilla as well.)

Here are my note to Mozilla, I think the NAPI plugin is also no longer available for Java as an add ob.

In addition to that this  exception is added in Java as an exception, I am trying

to use an older version of Java which meets the requirements.  In addition to this

another colleague has both  32 bit and 64 bit version and can connect to the site

with no issue.  Our setup is identical but I still get this error message.

I noticed that as far as plug-ins go the Java(TM) Platform no longer exists and

therefore past mentions of this both on the EMC site and the Firefox site mention

to activate and or add this plug in.  When I search for it, it no longer exists.

I am using a 32 bit version of Firefox.  I was able to connect in the past, and

when I did I think that nothing was changed in the firefox or EMC world because I

used to select Run once for Flash and Activate and I could get in.  This does not

appear to be the case anymore.  I have spent hours reviewing multiple links so I

Java_error.JPG.jpgappreciate your help if you can provide a concrete solution.

2 Intern

• 

137 Posts

May 12th, 2017 06:00

Firefox recently stopped supporting Java, since version 52. If your Firefox browser updated itself automatically, it will no longer allow any Java-based applications to run.

Either get the Extended Support Release of Firefox 52 or use Internet Explorer. You might need to add the URL for Unisphere to the compatibility view in IE to get Java to work.

Regards,

Stephen

34 Posts

May 12th, 2017 19:00

We are always facing java problem while installing VNX connection utility and installing brocade switch. i check will all browser; still i am having issue while installing VNXe connection utility and brocade DS300b.

Support team should add java file inside program or compatible java version must be on support site or enablement center.

No Events found!