Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2015 21:00

Cannot write vnx nfs from exadata

Hi All, I have trouble..I setup nfs at VNX 5400 and give read-write ad root access to our exadata but I cannot write into NFS shares...But when I try using linux debian and os x I can write smoothly...Error from exadata always "cannot mkdir : Read-only filesystem"...anyone has experience like this before?...thank you

8.6K Posts

August 19th, 2015 02:00

Open a service request and provide network traces

1.2K Posts

August 19th, 2015 10:00

Just to be clear, the exadata is writing to the VNX5400 NFS share, correct?  If so, check the UID/GID that exadata is using.  If it is writing as root, ensure that the NFS export has the right security for that UID.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

8.6K Posts

August 19th, 2015 11:00

An error about read-only file system sounds more like a config issue not exporting to the correct client IP as read-write

August 21st, 2015 10:00

When you setup rw and root access to your exadata, did you specify a host name, rather than an IP address? If so, check your DNS settings and make sure the datamovers are able to resolve the hostname correctly.

Another thing to look at, if you specified an IP address in the RW and root access, is to make sure you have the correct IP.

8 Posts

August 23rd, 2015 18:00

Dear All thanks for help, the problem is exadata connect to vnx using different ip address so when I add the outgoing ip address to root and read write host access it's can write smoothly...thank you

No Events found!