Highlighted
terryrw74
1 Nickel

Celerra help running a perl script on control station

I am trying to collect performance data on an Celerra using Mitrend. I'm not very familiar with running scripts and the instructions for collecting the data are as follows below. I've placed the files on the Control Station (wasn't sure if they needed to be placed in particular directory) but not sure how to execute the scripts. I have no pearl experience and limited experience with executing command on a Celerra. Can someone walk me through how to run the commands below to collect the data required for the performance analaysis?

VNX File - Celerra (Pilot)

Step 1: Execute the collect-perfdata.pl script first on the VNX File / Celerra control station:

• perl collect-perfdata.pl

Step 2: Execute the collect.pl script, which will collect the performance data plus additional configuration data

• perl collect.pl

Step 3: Submit the results of the collect.pl script. Do not submit just the support materials or perfdata by itself. We require both results to generate an assessment.

Thank You

Terry

0 Kudos
26 Replies
dynamox
6 Gallium

Re: Celerra help running a perl script on control station

Terry,

once you ssh in as "nasadmin", just run them exactly as you have listed. Perl is in the $PATH so you don't need to specify anything extra.

terryrw74
1 Nickel

Unfortunately the file isn't executing. I'm unsure if I need to be logged in as root, grant permissions to the file to execute, or if it is scripting related which I don't know well.

0 Kudos
umichklewis
3 Zinc

Does return any errors or any useful output?

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

if you run perl scriptname.pl  ..what do you see ?

0 Kudos
christopher_ime
4 Beryllium

Re: Re: Celerra help running a perl script on control station

Just a thought, are you by chance attempting to run this from the secondary control station?  It relies on /nas being mounted which would not be the case on the secondary CS.

0 Kudos
carlchristian
1 Nickel

Hello,

I have a similar problem trying to run these scripts with a customer. Logged in as root we are getting this error:

bash: ./collect-perfdata.pl: Permission denied

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

I'm not very familiar with running scripts

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

did you try to make script executable ? man chmod

0 Kudos
Rainer_EMC