Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2015 08:00

Differences between VNX2-All flash and regular VNX2

Hi everyone,

We are considering to offer a VNX2-All Flash Array to customer. I read that, this quotation option replaced VNX-F.

I also found this information:

"The VNX2 all flash configurations will provide advantages the VNX-F systems could not including the flexibility to add/blend flash with HDDs and auto-tiering, deploy thin provisioning, convert from block to unified, implement the new VNX2 deduplication features, and include the availability of more optional software titles."

Can anyone give me more details of the differences between VNX2-All flash and a regular VNX2? Both hardware and software features if possible!

Thank you.

4.5K Posts

December 29th, 2015 13:00

The main difference is configuration - the VNX-F series only allows the use of a limited number of fixed configurations and only SSD disks. It comes pre-configured with a single Pool containing all the drives. It does not allow the use of "Thin" LUNs or Compression or Deduplication or the use of File. Other than that the hardware and software are identical to the standard VNX2.

So flexibility if the key difference - VNX2 offers more flexible configurations and the use of additional features.

glen

20 Posts

December 29th, 2015 17:00

Thank Glen for the quick reply.

I would like to know more about differences in software licenses/features.

When I quote VNX2-All Flash, I found it include Software Essentials pack. Since there are some features that are unavailable (as you told above), what is included in this Software Essentials pack? Could you provide references?

I also concern about this note "not including.... the availability of more optional software titles", so what are those unavailable features/licenses, other than thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, FAST? Does the product still come with VNX Monitoring and reporting?

Regards,

Long Chu

4.5K Posts

December 31st, 2015 07:00

You should contact your local EMC office for licensing and other information (I don't know the answers to those questions).

glen

No Events found!